E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > The "real" Cars and Coffee

04-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
The "real" Cars and Coffee

I've talked to Ron Rizzi several times, and was surprised to hear some of the problems he's been dealing with regarding the Cars and Coffee brand. BTW, Ron Rizzi is the founder of the CnC brand. I just got off the phone with him and he has asked if I could help spread the word of the real meaning and focus behind CnC. The following message was posted on Ferrari Chat's Cleveland thread this morning in reference to some chatter taking place from there.
---------------------------------------------
LinkedIn
Ron Rizzi ( LION 2011+ ^ ) Atlanta, USA has sent you a message.
Date: 4/04/2011
Subject: Ferrari Chat

Donna,

I posted this message this morning on Ferrari Chat in response to some things that were pointed out to us regarding Cars And Coffee in Cleveland.

Cars and Coffee in Cleveland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A member has brought this thread to my attention. Please pass this on to the Cleveland members and all members of Ferrari Chat across the United States if you would.

Cars and Coffee is a Registered trademark, yes. The registered trademark holder is not selling franchises to automobile dealers or to anyone else. There is NO Cars And Coffee franchise for sale and there never has been, from our organization.

The registered trademark holder is not trying to prevent you from doing it. I can say that, knowing that very well, as I am the registered holder of the U.S. Cars And Coffee trademark.

We have no relation, partnership or involvement to or with the .info website and its operator that you are referring to and never have.

We (my wife and I) have registered Cars And Coffee as I (contrary to what you may have read somewhere else) was the person responsible for creating and starting the first Cars And Coffee meeting here in Atlanta in May of 2001. There were many Ferrari’s at the Race Car Store and Caribou Coffee in 2001, perhaps you know someone who was there, ask them.

We trademarked Cars And Coffee to protect it so it can be used in a non commercial nonprofit setting and to support a 501 c3 nonprofit foundation that we also have organized. The main reason for the foundation is to raise money for brain tumor research. Finding out you have one and living through it is not simple. I know about that too, as I have survived a brain tumor.

We have worked long and hard to get this message out to you and make this available to you at no charge. All of this has been available on www.carsandcoffee.com and you can read more there and at www.CarsAndCoffeeForAWorthyCause.org. More info on the new things we are working on in Atlanta as in "Daily Drive to Survive" can also be found there. We hope to have "Daily Drive to Survive" reach you and all of us across the country from our organization very soon.

Cleveland members that need a website to list and promote their event can go to www.CarsAndCoffee.Us and manage all of that there. There is no charge, never was either. We would like to see everyone around the country use this website so we can organize and get everyone together as "Cars And Coffee Us'.

Those that would like to help us in our efforts to raise awareness and help raise funds for brain tumor research will be most welcomed. Those that just want to come out and have a cup of coffee and hang out are welcome too and maybe one day will want to help out simply because it's that important.

For us personally, this has been a very long endeavor. One day I may write a book if you're interested in reading it!

I can be reached at 770 757-4276 if you would like to speak to me directly.

If you would like to connect to find out more about me please send an invite on LinkedIn at:
www.linkedin.com/in/ronrizzi

Ron Rizzi
Cars And Coffee
Atlanta, Georgia
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Nice read!! So what if you called it Coffee and Cars??? JK...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Nice read!! So what if you called it Coffee and Cars??? JK...
thats what we call ours...lol
http://coffeeandcarshouston.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
beaters and java is what im trying to start
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
LOL! I guess it's like music - once you've changed one note or bar, it's no longer considered "stealing".

My understanding after talking to Ron, is that he just wants people to know the origination and meaning behind cnc (which is to raise awareness for cancer and education) and to let people know that there is no fee to join cnc, unlike other sites who do charge. You can create a free profile and even a page for your club/organization on the .com and .us sites.

I guess once someone has viewed his site, it's up to the reader to decide what they want to believe. I agreed to post his comment to help him get his side of the cnc story out. Either way, I still enjoy autos and cafe'.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
In St Pete, FL we have Cars and Coffee and we all meet up at duPont Registry building... The turn out is great.... Its connected Boulevard Customs... They do some great work....

3063 Tech Drive
St. Petersburg, FL 33773

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0