E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Extended Warranty Prices in NJ

08-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
F13
CEO
Rep
Drives: F13

Extended Warranty Prices in NJ

I am going to purchase an extended warranty for my car soon in NJ. I know there is a general thread on this, but I would like to know what people are paying only in NJ because I prefer not to get one out of state, if I even can in NJ.
Can you tell me the price you paid, what package, and the dealership?
I have a 2010 335i coupe with about 31K miles. I am looking to get the gold package - 3 years/84K miles.

Thanks

Current: F13
Previous: E92, E82
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedN54 View Post
I am going to purchase an extended warranty for my car soon in NJ. I know there is a general thread on this, but I would like to know what people are paying only in NJ because I prefer not to get one out of state, if I even can in NJ.
Can you tell me the price you paid, what package, and the dealership?
I have a 2010 335i coupe with about 31K miles. I am looking to get the gold package - 3 years/84K miles.

Thanks
I don't have prices... but have you considered looking into the BMW CPO Wrap options: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...MWCPOWrap.aspx

Honestly, unless your car gave you a lot of issues in the 31k miles history the car has had so far... I personally believe that any money you sink into your car in the extended warranty would be for waste. Your pretty much always going to pull ahead going to a reputable Indy mechanic here in NJ and getting any problems fixed out of pocket.

My car has been rock solid and I'm sure many other people have had similar experiences too. At the same time I'm sure others have had major headaches too with these cars (Some because they didn't know how to care for the car... others because they just got a lemon).

If your already having a lot of issues... just dump the car and get a "newer" CPO vehicle if you REALLY must always be under an insurance coverage. My factory warranty and my CPO coverage has pretty much been worthless to me because nothing really broke. I keep praying for a Water pump failure to happen so I can get something done under CPO.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive

BMW of Bloomfield has the best price go there talk to a sales rep. u can also negotiate with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
BMW of Bloomfield has the best price go there talk to a sales rep. u can also negotiate with them.
More than likely you should aim to pay about 50% of MSRP that they quote you off the bat. On average you should accept nothing less than 25% off MSRP that they quote you for the warranty. If they are not willing to budge on the price, ask them why are they so greedy about making money on the warranty... wouldn't it be better to make some money compared to no money if someone else puts you into the system at a better price?? (That usually does the trick) or tell them one of the forum members who works at a dealership is giving you a price of 50% off of X price and you want to know if he can beat that price to win over your business right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
F13
CEO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I don't have prices... but have you considered looking into the BMW CPO Wrap options: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...MWCPOWrap.aspx

Honestly, unless your car gave you a lot of issues in the 31k miles history the car has had so far... I personally believe that any money you sink into your car in the extended warranty would be for waste. Your pretty much always going to pull ahead going to a reputable Indy mechanic here in NJ and getting any problems fixed out of pocket.

My car has been rock solid and I'm sure many other people have had similar experiences too. At the same time I'm sure others have had major headaches too with these cars (Some because they didn't know how to care for the car... others because they just got a lemon).

If your already having a lot of issues... just dump the car and get a "newer" CPO vehicle if you REALLY must always be under an insurance coverage. My factory warranty and my CPO coverage has pretty much been worthless to me because nothing really broke. I keep praying for a Water pump failure to happen so I can get something done under CPO.
I have been going back and forth on whether I should get the warranty because my car has not had any significant problems, but if I can get a good deal I might get it for the peace of mind. Do you have any mechanics in NJ you would recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
I will reach out to them. Thanks

Quote:
More than likely you should aim to pay about 50% of MSRP that they quote you off the bat. On average you should accept nothing less than 25% off MSRP that they quote you for the warranty. If they are not willing to budge on the price, ask them why are they so greedy about making money on the warranty... wouldn't it be better to make some money compared to no money if someone else puts you into the system at a better price?? (That usually does the trick) or tell them one of the forum members who works at a dealership is giving you a price of 50% off of X price and you want to know if he can beat that price to win over your business right now.
Based on the prices I have seen in the other thread I think 25% off is possible, I will see what I can get.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have been going back and forth on whether I should get the warranty because my car has not had any significant problems, but if I can get a good deal I might get it for the peace of mind. Do you have any mechanics in NJ you would recommend?

I will reach out to them. Thanks

Based on the prices I have seen in the other thread I think 25% off is possible, I will see what I can get.
Since you are in NJ, you should come out to our local meet ups, this was the posting for the one from yesterday:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878268

Keep an eye out in the regional section for these. We help each other with our cars and I usually have a decent turn out of 5+ people. There are plenty of great NJ Indy's and even some dealerships too!

1) ACM
2) Prime Motoring
3) Bimmer Clinic
4) Max PSI
and many more, just ask around. The one I liked was AK Motorwerks, but they closed down at the end of 2012

But honestly, if you just come out to our meet ups, you will see lots of e9x owners and can share stories/experiences to the benefit of everyone else collectively. I personally am of the belief that you are going to be better off investing in an annual membership to AAA and take the self insure approach. Modern import cars which are maintained properly will have very minimal issues, you just need to keep on top of the basics... which is what I do and share for free.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
F13
CEO
Rep

Quote:
Since you are in NJ, you should come out to our local meet ups, this was the posting for the one from yesterday:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878268

Keep an eye out in the regional section for these. We help each other with our cars and I usually have a decent turn out of 5+ people. There are plenty of great NJ Indy's and even some dealerships too!

1) ACM
2) Prime Motoring
3) Bimmer Clinic
4) Max PSI
and many more, just ask around. The one I liked was AK Motorwerks, but they closed down at the end of 2012

But honestly, if you just come out to our meet ups, you will see lots of e9x owners and can share stories/experiences to the benefit of everyone else collectively. I personally am of the belief that you are going to be better off investing in an annual membership to AAA and take the self insure approach. Modern import cars which are maintained properly will have very minimal issues, you just need to keep on top of the basics... which is what I do and share for free.
I saw this meetup when you first posted it and was going to attend, I think it is a great idea. I will definitely catch one.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw this meetup when you first posted it and was going to attend, I think it is a great idea. I will definitely catch one.
Looking forward to having you... I'm not going to do anything over labor day weekend unless people ask me to do something (I get the feeling most people wanna do other stuff instead).
Appreciate 0