E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Justed placed an order for the XEDE

12-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #45
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillarice19
Can anybody prove with out doubt I even bought the XEDE for my car? You may have to get some lawyers involved to check my records that I even purchased the product. Even if you can prove that I bought the product, can you prove I actually installed and ran it in my car? What if I just bought it and was thinking about doing it but changed my mind. You can't prove any of this unless you stole my car and poped open the hood and took pictures. Or BMW must somehow get a warrent to bust into my garage and pop open the hood to check. I'm removing it everytime I go visit the dealer so how is anyone going to prove I have it? PLEASE
Let's not be too paranoid here. It's a simple HARMLESS modification that should be perfectly safe for the vehicle. Vishnu has the XEDE installed on multiple cars including his and has logged thousands of issue free miles.
Finally, some reason.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #46
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarch1
You think that reading internet forums gave away that he blew up his car?
Ahh, found it. So I was slightly incorrect, he bragged about how he had blown up the car, made it stock and gone to the Subaru dealership seeking warranty repairs.

The people on the forum turned him in. He and his VIN was basically blacklisted at every Suby dealership.

The thread is here: http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...9&page=1&pp=15
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 07:27 PM   #47
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I would be rather pissed off.

Dont put your head in my buisiness. This is the internet - affecting other peoples life directly is something else.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #48
russ_777
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 4LT Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD
Ahh, found it. So I was slightly incorrect, he bragged about how he had blown up the car, made it stock and gone to the Subaru dealership seeking warranty repairs.

The people on the forum turned him in. He and his VIN was basically blacklisted at every Suby dealership.

The thread is here: http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...9&page=1&pp=15
Wow, that was an interesting thread. Observations:

1. That guy was dumber than a fence post (and that's an insult to fence posts world wide).
2. Good for the guy that turned him in. Right is right; wrong is wrong. He was committing fraud.
3. Hopefully, people that can afford BMWs are infintely smarter than that, but if I saw someone doing the same thing here, I'd be 1st in line to turn them in.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #49
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarch1
I would be rather pissed off.

Dont put your head in my buisiness. This is the internet - affecting other peoples life directly is something else.
Right is right
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #50
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillarice19
It's a simple HARMLESS modification that should be perfectly safe for the vehicle. Vishnu has the XEDE installed on multiple cars including his and has logged thousands of issue free miles.
This statement, my friend, is the exact reason why car companies are not allowed to "bully" us little guys around. There are quite simply an infinite number of circumstances that could cause a car to malfunction. If a modification was so "bad", then why didn't every car fail in the first mile or ten miles or thousand miles.... There is no need to hide anything from the big boys. Once you realize that you have more power over them than they have over you, then you will be free.

If you have to [I am sure this will not be necessary], have whatever repairs you need performed by a reputable shop. Get a detailed report. Sue BMW for the repairs and see how fast you get what you want. Worst-come-to-worst, notify a local news station. They are sure to pick it up on an evening news cast. Now... ask yourself what is more important to BMW, fighting a battle they know they will loose or fighting a battle that everyone knows they will loose
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #51
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

This statement, my friend, is the exact reason why car companies are not allowed to "bully" us little guys around. There are quite simply an infinite number of circumstances that could cause a car to malfunction. If a modification was so "bad", then why didn't every car fail in the first mile or ten miles or thousand miles.... There is no need to hide anything from the big boys. Once you realize that you have more power over them than they have over you, then you will be free.

If you have to [I am sure this will not be necessary], have whatever repairs you need performed by a reputable shop. Get a detailed report. Sue BMW for the repairs and see how fast you get what you want. Worst-come-to-worst, notify a local news station. They are sure to pick it up on an evening news cast. Now... ask yourself what is more important to BMW, fighting a battle they know they will loose or fighting a battle that everyone knows they will loose

Don't forget to call the state Attorney general and make a formal complaint, also consumer protection and make a formal complaint. As a business owner I refund my customers who've paid 5-30k for product automatically if I get a complaint. I make sure that when I get off the phone with them they are telling me they got what they wanted. Companies hate nothing more than governing authorities dropping by the office.
Appreciate 0