E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Range Rover Vs Bikers...in NYC

10-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Range Rover Vs Bikers...in NYC

10-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Garage List
This group of riders (LA Stunts or something they call themselves) has had issues before with being violent with motorists. Brake checking vehicles and then acting in a threatening manor especially when the SUV driver is surrounded and you can see one of the bikers hitting the SUV is just cause to do what the driver did. Of course the driver made the mistake of getting into traffic rather than continuing to remain on somewhat clear what looked to be FDR Dr. or Hudson Pkwy.

The one rider who was run over is all busted up in the hospital and the family said that if he pulls though he'll never walk again. Good, this whole "we're thugs on bikes and do what we want" mindset needs to be challenged and they need to see that there are repercussions for their actions. I love the fact that NYPD arrested and charged the rider who brake checked the SUV causing this whole situation, they're also searching for the two riders seen at the end of the video punching the window with their fists and helmets.

Then to hear the rider's families defend the actions of "if one stops we all stop" bullshit you wanna be thug little bitch, now you see that you don't run the streets. I wish the driver would have taken out more of these assholes.
-Not Stock
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I would offer some input but I've posted plenty in the massive thread already in progress in the off-topic section...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895588

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I would offer some input but I've posted plenty in the massive thread already in progress in the off-topic section...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895588
I think its disgusting how some of the people on that site are defending the bikers. I hope they find themselves in a similar situation one day.
-Not Stock
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad335d View Post
I think its disgusting how some of the people on that site are defending the bikers. I hope they find themselves in a similar situation one day.
"That site" is this site...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well that area, or those people, what have you its all the same.
-Not Stock
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Pretty sure it's only one person siding with the bikers even a little bit. The overwhelming majority side with the RR driver.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wish all those low-lifes get what they deserve.

Unfortunately, the RR driver and family need to go into some sort of protection thanks to the news blasting his name and picture everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Wow.... I couldn't see at the beginning what exactly started everything, but if I feel that my life is threatened by a mob of bikers... I'm driving away and hitting whatever is in my path, while simultaneously getting on the phone with 911.
From what I've seen, car vs. bike, car wins every time (especially SUV). Thankfully, in Los Angeles, I've only ever had mutual respect with bikers.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

I love how the media has twisted this to have everyone favor the Range Rover. Before the video started the range rover hit another biker, and the biker in the beginning of the video was trying to get him to stop because he was trying to plow through the mob of bikers, instead of letting them pass like every other car that day. The guy that got run over is now in a medically induced coma and will be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life, he can't walk his baby daughter down the aisle when she gets married. I'm not defending the actions of the bikers who pursued him, all i'm saying is i would have done the same thing. The RR driver should be charged for attempted manslaughter for even trying to charge through the mob of motorcyclists.

The stupid ass driver put himself in that situation, the motorcyclists didn't "mob" or "gang up" on him, until he ran their friend over and started being a douchebag to them.

By the way, i have several friends that were all part of the ride that day.
      10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
Before the video started the range rover hit another biker, and the biker in the beginning of the video was trying to get him to stop because he was trying to plow through the mob of bikers, instead of letting them pass like every other car that day.
Yeah...totally sounds like what a 33 year old equity fund analyst with an MBA would do unprovoked. With his wife and kids in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
I love how the media has twisted this to have everyone favor the Range Rover. Before the video started the range rover hit another biker, and the biker in the beginning of the video was trying to get him to stop because he was trying to plow through the mob of bikers, instead of letting them pass like every other car that day. The guy that got run over is now in a medically induced coma and will be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life, he can't walk his baby daughter down the aisle when she gets married. I'm not defending the actions of the bikers who pursued him, all i'm saying is i would have done the same thing. The RR driver should be charged for attempted manslaughter for even trying to charge through the mob of motorcyclists.

The stupid ass driver put himself in that situation, the motorcyclists didn't "mob" or "gang up" on him, until he ran their friend over and started being a douchebag to them.

Definitely not twisted. I'm not sure if it's just the mob mentality, but most of those bikers need to have their bikes impounded or crushed. If you check out the other videos the uploader had online (before he attempted to remove them), they consistently drove recklessly, weaving through oncoming traffic, running red lights, driving on sidewalks, blocking on-ramps, etc.

If a mob like that was rushing my car with my family inside, I wouldn't have hesitated to toss that Rover into reverse.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The RR driver should be charged for attempted manslaughter for even trying to charge through the mob of motorcyclists.
Please don't quit whatever line of work you're in and pursue law. Judging from your stance on this issue, I am quite certain that has never been in the realm of possibility or consideration, but just making sure.

No DA will chose to press charges on the RR driver. But he should get a slap on the wrist for not running over more bikers.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Please don't quit whatever line of work you're in and pursue law. Judging from your stance on this issue, I am quite certain that has never been in the realm of possibility or consideration, but just making sure.

No DA will chose to press charges on the RR driver. But he should get a slap on the wrist for not running over more bikers.
If I had been there, RIP bikers.

The bikers were fucking with him to begin with. Brake-checking him, acting like assholes in general. And then acting pissed off when he wouldn't let them past, even though he had the right of way? He never hit a biker. The biker ran in front and brake checked. You forget RR is a 6000lb box. A bike is 600lb at most. If you brake check such a huge car, you'll get hit.

@guy defending bikers: Well, considering the attitude of your biker friends, I don't really give a shit about your opinion...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List

Quote:
All eyes have been on NYC this week as more details emerge following the shocking footage of a group of New York City bikers and their altercation with the driver of a black Range Rover Sport. In the latest turn of events it has been reported that 28-year-old biker Christopher Cruz (the biker seen early on in the footage brake checking the Range Rover) has been arrested and charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and endangering the welfare of a child. Another biker has since handed himself over to the police but has yet to be charged. From the footage it seemed highly unlikely that nobody was injured when 33-year-old Alexian Lien, feeling that his family was in danger, floored his Range Rover Sport’s throttle in order to escape being surrounded by the bikers after first making contact with Cruz’s motorcycle. Indeed, it has since emerged that Edwin Mieses (seen wearing the purple t-shirt in the still image) caught the brunt of the force and remains in a medically induced coma in hospital. Both his legs were crushed, his back broken in two places, and he sustained serious internal injuries when the Range Rover fled. His wife has told media that there is no hope for his back and that he will be paralysed for the rest of his life. “When all the bikers stopped, my husband got out, parked his bike to walk over to try and help his friend. He walked over towards the front of the vehicle when, at this point, I don’t know what happened, the man was scared, the man just peeled off and ran over my husband,” Dayana Mejia-Meises told the media. “That man paralysed my husband,” she said about Lien. “He needs to pay for what he did.” Lien has himself been released from hospital after being admitted with lacerations to his face and serious bruising to his body. It has been confirmed that he was travelling with his wife and two-year-old daughter at the time of the incident. An NYPD spokesperson has also confirmed that Lien made a 911 call to the police while being chased by the bikers. He has not been charged. - See more at: http://www.carmagblog.co.za/opinion/....knBsianj.dpuf
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

So are you just Dumb or Stupid.

PS I hope your friends if they were part of this bullshit, get fucking run over.
-Not Stock
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:

And if that were me, you would be attending a lot of funerals for your friends. I would've taken out as many as I could see.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Glad to see that you're all murderers. Fucking cooks.
      10-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
gregory20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3

Garage List
2011 e93 M3  [0.00]
That's crazy the dude slowed down in frount of the guy and got hit now they wanna f&%k the guy up
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope pretty much the consensus here is that you and your wanna-be badass biker buddies are the douchebags.

Just think about the one that got his spine broke, he'll get to ride a quad everyday the rest of his life, not so badass now is he?
-Not Stock
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #21
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Yup, that's us.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got dibs on saucier!!!
-Not Stock
Appreciate 0