E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need a favor Re: Bluetooth Cradle

12-27-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Need a favor Re: Bluetooth Cradle

Hey guys,

I'm a lowly e36er. I have a pretty neat custom computer media system that I've installed in my e36 that pretty much runs the show. In addition to doing all the entertainment stuff, it also connectes to my T637 via bluetooth. However, I always thought it would be cool to have a cradle for it, and I understand the e90s have a cradle for this phone.

I was hoping you guys might be able to provide me with some pictures of the 2 peices of the cradle - as I understand it there is a base mount and a phone specific cradle that goes over top of it. Any pictures or information you guys could provide on the connections and specifications of this mount would be greatly apprecaited. I would really love to see pictures of and hear from anyone who has a Sony Ericsson phone cradle.

My plan is to adapt the e90 cradle into my center console so I can have the same functionality you guys enjoy - I already have the bluetooth working, but it would be great to be able to charge the phone as well as have the exterior antenna.

Again, very much appreciate anything you can provide. Thanks a lot, guys!

Dan
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
adav
I like Cheese
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E89 Z4 35is

could u please tell us more about that custim computer system, sounds interesting.

and where are you? if your in England then www.ebuyer.co.uk has some cheap cradles
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Sure-

I have molded into my dashboard a 7" VGA touchscreen. In my trunk is a 4" false floor - you cannot tell that the floor is raised, but underneath the false floor is where all of the components are. I have custom hardware built into this area that allows me to do things like listen to MP3s, watch videos and movies, surf the net, listen to SIRIUS, get satnav directions, etc. It's a fun little hobby!

I'll check out that site, though I am in the US.

Thanks!
Dan
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0