E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Modmy3 - Poor Customer Service

02-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: threethreefive

Thumbs down Modmy3 - Poor Customer Service

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

let me begin by saying that I do not liking writing negative reviews and i always give the vendor chances to make things right. We've exchanged PM's and emails previously but alas, it has come to the point where I just don't see any resolve for my issue so I am voicing my opinion about this vendors customer service.

Around 3 weeks ago, i had placed an order for their HID fog light kit based on the description & pictures provided on their website and post:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...+fog+light+kit

Upon receiving the package, i had sent them the following PM below:

"Hi,

There seems to be some issues with my package, i just received it from UPS and upon opening it i was very disappointed with the contents.

The ballast was not the slim version as stated in your post and website, moreover it weighed a lot and the Bulbs female and male connectors are pins, not plugs. Pin connectors do not provide weather protection.

Product shown in post and website:

Actual Product received:

I can send these back to you if you can provide me a return shipping slip and i'm willing to give you guys another chance if you can expedite my correct order as soon as possible. I had made arrangements to have these along with other mods installed on Friday and i do not wish to change the date."

I assumed that they sent the wrong item so i was looking forward to getting what i actually paid for.

but their response:

"Hi Joe,

Thank you for removing your post, we appreciate that.

We upgrade our products to newer/better versions as we're able to and don't always have time to put new pictures on our site, so we apologize for any confusion.

The ballast you have actually is the slim version. The regular sized ballasts are a lot bigger and bulkier than yours.

The pin connectors are fine and can be wrapped in electrical tape if you're concerned about weather exposure. We've had no issues with them on our own cars or our clients' cars.

You already have the best version of our HID kit to date and we don't have any of the old kits available.

I hope this clears up any uncertainties and if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Have a great night!

Take care,
Marie"

In which case i responded:

"Hello Marie,

I kindly disagree. Here is a size comparison picture i found online:

The one above is the size of the ballast you sent me, the one below is the size of the ballast that i currently have installed on my car.

I cannot take your word saying that yours is slim when clearly it is not.

And i understand you probably had a lot of customers without issues but I prefer to have an electrical unit sealed correctly than to rely on the use of tape. It may later on lead to more expensive issues.

If you have no other solution to rectify this, then i would appreciate a full refund.

Joe C."

Now i am fully aware that some slim canbus ballast can be larger than the standard slim ballast as pictured above but clearly, theirs is just the standard sized ballast.

My main issue is if they had told me the items and description listed above would not have been the actual items i would be receiving i would have not gone forward with my purchase to begin with.

Now they want me to pay a 20% restocking fee or the return shipping cost just because of their cause for "confusion" & not being honest with their merchandise?

It's been more than a week already and i have their package sitting on my desk waiting for a shipping slip and now they are refusing to compromise via pm, email or phone.

I hope that this reaches out to future buyers to be absolutely sure what you see/read is what you will be ultimately getting, especially from online vendors

Last edited by cable96; 02-21-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with them. I have dealt with modmy3 many times in the past and have found them to be one of the best vendors around. I also think that they have some of the best customer service around, along with bryan@svconcepts and tam@supremepower. Im sure they will make things right. Good luck
      02-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
that's a shame... was looking to pick up some 3000k fogs :/
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with them. I have dealt with modmy3 many times in the past and have found them to be one of the best vendors around. I also think that they have some of the best customer service around, along with bryan@svconcepts and tam@supremepower. Im sure they will make things right. Good luck
be that as it may, i dont see why they would choose to neglect my request, its their fault for false advertising. Why should the customer be responsible for it. They are willing to lose more customers than simply covering the $15-18 in shipping, pretty stubborn in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

I ordered my LED front blinkers from them and had no issues really. They video they sent me for installation was completely wrong but a quick post here on the forums yielded what I needed. I was actually getting ready to order the same thing as you from them and will now direct my business elsewhere. That does seem like sketchy business practices at best...whatever happened to 'the customer is always right'. How did you pay, you may have some recourse if you used a CC or debit card through your provider?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep

update: Return Shipping Slip recieved

Item was sent back and arrived Thurs, Feb 28th. Awaiting my Full Refund...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
EJ_3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.34]
2016 Ram 1500 Sport  [8.00]
1994 BMW 525i  [10.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [8.66]
Hopefully, you'll receive it soon.
      03-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

just curious how much did you pay for those? i know of a local shop that has those China made HID's for about $80 lol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Still have not received my refund as of yet, they had the item returned over a week already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
just curious how much did you pay for those? i know of a local shop that has those China made HID's for about $80 lol
it was a little over $100 after shipping, i chose to purchase from them due to customer reviews and product quality but that ended up being a mistake.

Last edited by cable96; 03-11-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
jan31
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 428I Xdrive (N26)

Garage List
Sad!
      03-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #11
Ninjasane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pre-LCI E90 335i Jet Black

wow that sucks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update: full refund received, closed. But i stress before making purchases online be sure that the item(s) you see is what youll get.
Appreciate 0