E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LFA @ My Local Dealer = Ride Along!

01-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #89
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I'm just curious how else this car is supposed to be gauged at this point?

Since likely 90% of drivers will never even see this car and >99% will never be in one, how else are we to judge it other than the videos and commentary from the few that get up close with it.

You will not be able to take this for a spin at driver experiences like you can a 599, Murci, etc. Just sayin'.
I agree with you there. I never thought about it like that. Sadly since most hypercars are out of reach we do have to depend on the dumb journalist like you say. The part that got me going was that he named four supercars , and said the lfa had more passion , soul , ETC , than all of them combined. That's a very uneducated comment. Unless he's an F1 driver for ferrari , or a test driver for lamborghini , ferrari , etc. I don't think it's credible to make such an assumption.
      01-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #90
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

You are dumb to take things way out of context. It goes way beyond just going to the track and running lap. Take some high definition pictures of each one of the car's interiors and the difference in attention to detail.

Passion is in how it offers so much driver oriented performance without compromising on cutting-edge luxury. It still comes with 14-speaker premium stereo system for a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
I agree with you there. I never thought about it like that. Sadly since most hypercars are out of reach we do have to depend on the dumb journalist like you say. The part that got me going was that he named four supercars , and said the lfa had more passion , soul , ETC , than all of them combined. That's a very uneducated comment. Unless he's an F1 driver for ferrari , or a test driver for lamborghini , ferrari , etc. I don't think it's credible to make such an assumption.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #91
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Passion is in how it offers so much driver oriented performance without compromising on cutting-edge luxury. It still comes with 14-speaker premium stereo system for a start.

^^^ That's news to me never knew passion/soul was about having full speaker systems , air conditioning , or navigation. Thought it was about driver to car feel , car to road feel , three pedals not a detuned f1 transmission. I guess everyone has diffrent definitions of soul.
      01-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #92
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Passion comes from paying attention to everything pertaining to a car. Not just one thing. In my book, it is an exceptional feat to build a V10 that is smaller and lighter than a 3.0 Liter V6.

Regarding the things you mentioned, it is obvious in all the reviews that LFA has everything except the three pedals you mentioned, which was a deliberate decision since the engine has no internal inertia. It takes only a little over half a second for it to get from idle to 9500 rpm. An engine with such light internals and easy to rev up makes a manual transmission car a nightmare to drive.

- Getting off the line in a car with no internal inertia, you either stall the engine or you end up torching the rear tires most of the time and burning the clutch.

- Shifting a car with such light internals in every day results in a lot of jerkiness and smooth shifts at low revs are too difficult.

That was the reason why Lexus chose an automated transmission to control the clutch through the computer to make the car easier to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post

^^^ That's news to me never knew passion/soul was about having full speaker systems , air conditioning , or navigation. Thought it was about driver to car feel , car to road feel , three pedals not a detuned f1 transmission. I guess everyone has diffrent definitions of soul.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-05-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #93
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I'm just curious how else this car is supposed to be gauged at this point?

Since likely 90% of drivers will never even see this car and >99% will never be in one, how else are we to judge it other than the videos and commentary from the few that get up close with it.

You will not be able to take this for a spin at driver experiences like you can a 599, Murci, etc. Just sayin'.
you dont, you generate an opinion and can share it. You can also just respect the fact that others have a different opinion and leave it at that rather than call other people's cars shitty and assume their level of knowledge based on what they drive or their opinions.
      01-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #94
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
haha ya its not a super car by any means, however i just didnt get how that had to do with my knowledge. All i was saying was that the lfa ,as a friend of mine put, is undoubtedly fast and competent, but like so many other cars from asia lacks any other desirability. It may be as quick (if not quicker than many) and sound better than many of its European counterparts, but it isn't a car I could ever really love. Styling is a big part of that, but also a lack of pedigree and passion, for lack of a better term.
lol the lfa has more soul than 99.99% of all cars ever made. You are an ignorant sheep just echo'ing silly bullshit haters say about brands they dislike.
      01-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #95
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
you dont, you generate an opinion and can share it. You can also just respect the fact that others have a different opinion and leave it at that rather than call other people's cars shitty and assume their level of knowledge based on what they drive or their opinions.
You really need to stop talking.

First off, my post was response to someone else's and even he agreed with what I suggested.

Second, yes you still drive a shitty car and yes you lack car knowledge.

Your "opinion" counts for fuck all around here after your recent posts.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #96
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #97
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
haha ya its not a super car by any means, however i just didnt get how that had to do with my knowledge. All i was saying was that the lfa ,as a friend of mine put, is undoubtedly fast and competent, but like so many other cars from asia lacks any other desirability. It may be as quick (if not quicker than many) and sound better than many of its European counterparts, but it isn't a car I could ever really love. Styling is a big part of that, but also a lack of pedigree and passion, for lack of a better term.
U might not like it but people would pay tons of money for the car... OH wait they are... HAHA.. Sorry I do think it is a lil over priced.. But MANY desire that ride....

Also if you don't think there was any passion put into this car you would be extremely wrong... Car companies make cars not only to put out a good product but also to make a profit...

IT TOOK LEXUS 9 YEARS TO MAKE THE CAR ALSO IF THEY SELL THE EXPECTED AMOUT OF CARS THEY WILL NOT MAKE A PROFIT... THAT PASSION ... (Its in caps cus its important Im not yelling.....)

Watch the top gear episode on the car... Its a Great car..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0