E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Don't trust Benjamin Devendorf @ Cali Car Wraps

07-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC View Post
He is talking less...Should I say "people" are giving him less BMWs because of my post. In time I'll try and post my experience to other car forums. Just so people will be protected. He also slices the paint with a razor blade when he makes his cuts. People won't see it until the wrap is removed. And a persons work should speak for itself. You shouldn't have to state that you are good at your job. The job should speak for itself. If it doesn't, then you aren't good.
I take it this idiot watch a few how-to videos on youtube and figured he could do it without any real hands on training from an expert.
I mean I'm not against anyone trying to learn from YouTube videos. Just make sure you understand and follow the craft.

Things you shouldn't do when wrapping:

*Cut into a customers paint with a razor blade (would have thought that was obvious...)
*Insult the customer (again...obvious, but apparently not with Benjamin)
*Lie and state you have a warranty, when you have no intention of fulfilling that service
*Clearly define you are learning and perhaps have the customer sign a waiver, BUT state that you will do whatever to fix any issues, and be genuine about it.
*Hang up on your customer every time they call (acting like a child), because you know they are calling about an issue with the quality of their wrap. Then when you call from someone else's phone, answer, and then when you realize it's the same customer hang up on them again.
*Make the customer wait over a month.

Yeah...I would say most businesses do not operate this way...

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #24
sankohuy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Have you report to the BBB yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #25
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
sht go from this prick! sorry to hear OP!
      08-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #26
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. Running it through small claims but the city of Modesto doesn't move very fast. If anything the government will collect their taxes from the guy. Although I kinda feel guilty about that, he's obviously an asshole. But does that give me the right to take food off his table if he is not paying his taxes and the IRS goes after him for all the back taxes he owes for all the work he has done?....I don't know... :-/

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 10:05 PM   #27
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Thanks guys. Running it through small claims but the city of Modesto doesn't move very fast. If anything the government will collect their taxes from the guy. Although I kinda feel guilty about that, he's obviously an asshole. But does that give me the right to take food off his table if he is not paying his taxes and the IRS goes after him for all the back taxes he owes for all the work he has done?....I don't know... :-/
If he can't even keep up with his book keeping, he shouldn't be running a business

Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #28
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Quote:
If he can't even keep up with his book keeping, he shouldn't be running a business
Very true. The reason I let people know is so others don't go through the same thing I did.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 02:37 AM   #29
Original
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I'd take him to court. So his business gets in trouble as well.

F82 M4 Individual | DCT | AG A-05 | STD GR3 IND | Motorsport Hardware | VRSF
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 07:20 AM   #30
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original
I'd take him to court. So his business gets in trouble as well.
Yup. Doing that. Modesto courts are just taking their sweet time. I guess they have a backlog

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #31
AYEDEE
Captain
Australia-Aboriginal
Rep
Drives: 3 Series BMW

Stuff him take his food from his table lol. His taken yours? Also if you really wanna wreck him. Get a quote for a fresh respray and bring that to court.
Small razor blade cuts may start to rust over time. It's thin cuts to the metal even if you can't see it with your trained eye but water and moisture doesn't discriminate mate
because you have an E93 too I'll also bad review his business for you
**edit. His fb doesn't have reivew options lol

Last edited by AYEDEE; 08-25-2015 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #32
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
Stuff him take his food from his table lol. His taken yours? Also if you really wanna wreck him. Get a quote for a fresh respray and bring that to court.
Small razor blade cuts may start to rust over time. It's thin cuts to the metal even if you can't see it with your trained eye but water and moisture doesn't discriminate mate
because you have an E93 too I'll also bad review his business for you
**edit. His fb doesn't have reivew options lol
You are a wise man my friend. Yeah he knows people have shifted against him in the BMW community. Should also post this experience in other car forums but who has the time to do that. Guy has wasted so much of my time already.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #33
SMH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Man I hope things work in your favor Mac, people shouldn't get away with this. I hope your properly compensated and your car gets fixed by a real professional. Good Luck man!

IG: SMH_N55
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #34
Danissl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 Montego Blue E92 335i

That's crazy, and a horror story, for sure. I hope his business license (If he even has one), gets revoked, and you get covered for the money, time, and any further damaged he caused to your beautiful car. He needs to not treat people. Definitely keep us up to date! I'm curious of the outcome!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #35
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMH View Post
Man I hope things work in your favor Mac, people shouldn't get away with this. I hope your properly compensated and your car gets fixed by a real professional. Good Luck man!
Thanks man. I hope so too. I just wanted to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen to you guys.

Appreciate it man.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #36
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danissl View Post
That's crazy, and a horror story, for sure. I hope his business license (If he even has one), gets revoked, and you get covered for the money, time, and any further damaged he caused to your beautiful car. He needs to not treat people. Definitely keep us up to date! I'm curious of the outcome!
He doesn't have a business license (at least he didn't when I went through this ordeal) I know he isn't paying taxes at all and a couple of times I called him he was stoned out of his mind. The guy should not be running a business at all. I unfortunately found all of this out way too late
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #37
Bigkev1469
Rep
Drives: Benz c350

Ben Devendorf Cali Car Wraps More Like Crap Wraps

Quote:
His immaturity knows no bounds.
he did my car before your car and caused $4600 in damage i had him wrap my window frames ON MERCEDES BENZ and the little punk cut my paint every where ...he has a drug addiction i went there after he was high as a kite i could smell it i have a open suit right now STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY
ill post pics of work and the text messages as well if needed

two est for over 4500 wow no license no insurance no nothing i found out but he messed with wrong person
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #38
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkev1469
Quote:
His immaturity knows no bounds.
he did my car before your car and caused $4600 in damage i had him wrap my window frames ON MERCEDES BENZ and the little punk cut my paint every where ...he has a drug addiction i went there after he was high as a kite i could smell it i have a open suit right now STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY
ill post pics of work and the text messages as well if needed

two est for over 4500 wow no license no insurance no nothing i found out but he messed with wrong person
Sorry that happened to you as well. The Modesto courts are taking their time. It seems like they have a backlog of cases....

What action did you take?

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 01:11 AM   #39
Bigkev1469
Rep

Quote:
Sorry that happened to you as well. The Modesto courts are taking their time. It seems like they have a backlog of cases....

What action did you take?
hello hey i sent you message on Facebook a few times about his but i filed court papers and have a court next month and list about having no license etc i found out where he works part time and all his info i work with the police department here so i have a few checking on what he does also the plate on his new car comes up to nothing so he's has a fake plate on his car so I'm going to get him for as much as i can in court and tickets and fines also but he's not right what he did he makes a lot of mistakes and tells people to go to hell pretty much I'm going to attach his waiges if he ever gets a legal job what have you done?? id like to use your pics and text messages in my court case to show its not just me he's doing this to!!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #40
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
This guy sounds like a scumbag, a true low life, no wonder his girlfriend broke up with him!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #41
Bigkev1469
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
This guy sounds like a scumbag, a true low life, no wonder his girlfriend broke up with him!
I should go rebound his gf and dump her lol
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #42
Bigkev1469
Rep

Hello guys so I had been served court papers today!!!! Yeee boy your going down Oct 6th is court date no more hiding Mac I'm use some of your texts and pics also I went to have my seat fixed with Mercedes tech material and the there was a orange wrapped Impala there it's the one on his Facebook page ! It looked like shit!! It was pilling off the back the car was in for a new convertible that pour guys car isn't even finished and his wrap is coming off also this Ben should be allowed to wrap cars with out schooling , training and license I'll be hoping I'll shut him down on October 6th and get him a garnishment of wages on him for damage he caused maybe Mac if you could make court date add you case bro ? Just saying
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #43
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkev1469
Hello guys so I had been served court papers today!!!! Yeee boy your going down Oct 6th is court date no more hiding Mac I'm use some of your texts and pics also I went to have my seat fixed with Mercedes tech material and the there was a orange wrapped Impala there it's the one on his Facebook page ! It looked like shit!! It was pilling off the back the car was in for a new convertible that pour guys car isn't even finished and his wrap is coming off also this Ben should be allowed to wrap cars with out schooling , training and license I'll be hoping I'll shut him down on October 6th and get him a garnishment of wages on him for damage he caused maybe Mac if you could make court date add you case bro ? Just saying
I'll actually be preparing for a conference and my PTO. would have loved to make it. I can send you pics if you send me your email.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #44
nick380
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Whoa, this is insane. How did your court date go! I want this asshole put in his place. Wtf is he thinking, if I saw him take a razor blade near my car (granted it is 100k miles+ paint) still wouldn't let him near the car with a 10 foot pole. What scum, people like that don't deserve any of the luck he's gotten so far with somehow keeping his "business" afloat. He must have been high out of his mind to think he could wrap a car stoned as he was... and to not give you a warranty you paid for... People like this really grind my gears, should be shot on site...fuck his food and his table. Bad people only deserve bad things.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but seeing the pictures of him destroying your beautiful cars is devastating. I wish you guys both the best of luck.
Appreciate 0