E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Microfilter service

10-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
sjondhale
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW

Microfilter service

Coded my car for digital speedometer and dong sound. Everything works fine except I got a micro filter service due message with the due date been 01/2001. I never did see this option and when I try to reset it, it does not reset. Any help is highly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
b328xi
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

this sounds like what I had experienced with my car. I had to bring the car to a BMW mechanic (independent shop) and he had to reprogram the modules (not sure which ones; but he did not have to reprogram all modules). He originally tried to reset it without the computer and then with his computer but couldn't so it had to be reprogrammed. in my case, he said that the binary code got screwed, i guess it got corrupted somehow(?)

but as a caveat, he mentioned that I could not use NCSexpert anymore since the reprogrammed modules are updated to the latest version.

by any chance, could you let me know how u did ur coding? (just want to compare notes). I was trying to retrofit bluetooth but after trying a few things using "process Ecu" nothing happens.. Unfortunately, I click on 'process car' (which I should NOT have done), which screws up the programming and gave the same error that u got.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
sjondhale
Private
Rep

After going through your post it seems I am experiencing same issues as you did, but my car did respond to read ECU.Everything else was done per the DIY. My seat belt dong also sounds different than it used to before I coded my car. Just curious, how much did it cost to get it fixed from a mechanic.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
b328xi
Rep

a full reprogram would cost $200 but since he didn't have to do the whole car, he charged me $140. Just make sure that the mechanic you use, knows and have the equipment to do it..

one thing that I noticed after this was done, i do not see cabin filter & shocks in the maintenance list anymore. (i do not think it was even there before I tried to code the car)

did you use 'process car' or 'process ecu' when you were coding?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
sjondhale
Private
Rep

I did process ECU. But I did not rename the TRC file to .MAN and hence my car picked up the default system .MAN hence the screw up. I am working on getting it fixed. I did take a back up of my TRC file, will trying undoing my coding and then start from scratch.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
sjondhale
Private
Rep

Everything is back to normal..I went back to the original TRC file and used to code it. Now everything went back to factory setting.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
b328xi
Rep

oh nice.. glad that you were able to bring them back to stock..

i guess in hind sight, I should have tried what you did.. I guess I freaked out too fast..

if i think about this, perhaps the original TRC has a setting to turn off the microfilter error? so that's why I never see it in the first place. do you see it after you put it back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
sjondhale
Private
Rep

If you had read ECU before you selected process car, I am sure it would have worked for you as well. I dont see the microfilter service now. I also didnt have emission and spark plug service options earlier, but when I coded my car I did get them as well. Now everything is back to stock and I was able to recode my car...digital speed and no door dong sound
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
spottv
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i coupe

microfilter error

hi i have the same error after trying to do the digital display.I also lost all analog gauges but this was restored with v41 update.I still have the micro filter error. Could u tell me more about the TRC file.
Appreciate 0