E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > *Extended* Maintenance service - Last visit advice

07-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

*Extended* Maintenance service - Last visit advice

Hello,
I looked on the forum, but only found info around normal warranty expiration, so this is specifically related to the extended maintenance (6 yrs/100,000 miles, aka Upgraded maintenance).
I have a manual 2006 325i due for last check before expiration of the extended maintenance. Are they simply gonna do a service based on what the car computer tells them, or I can ask for stuff to be fixed? For example, it seems that clutch is listed but can I ask to be replaced if no lights are on?
Anything else? Is it worth taking to an indy shop before as recommended for the normal warranty? Or they won't do anything anyway?

thanks!

Last edited by jetblackbmw325; 07-04-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
n7629314
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Lightbulb

I'm in the same position approaching the 100K expiration of my extended maintenance plan. As far as I know, they just do what the computer says, but any input is appreciated.

Specifically I'm curious about my rear brakes, and you might have a similar situation. The service indicator suggests a replacement just outside the expiration of the maintenance plan (A few thousand miles). I need to wear them out before the expiration. I'm thinking of sandpaper: Pop off the brakes, sand them down, pop them back on, spirited braking...

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0