E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > What should I do with my E90 wheels next year?

06-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
dassub
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi sport line

Garage List
What should I do with my E90 wheels next year?

I plan on buying a CPO F30 328xi next year, and want to use my E90 as a trade-in, so I don't have to deal with the hassle of test mules. Plus, I'll sell some mods separately, such as the split arm rest, LED courtesy lights, M-shift knob, etc.

I have a set of VMR V710 wheels (18" staggered) that I'd like to keep and use on the new car, or possibly sell separately and use the money towards new wheels (depends if the VMR setup works on the F30 and x drive).

My winters are on OEM style 158 (17" square), which I might want to put on the car before trading it in. Would they be pissed if I do that during the summer time? I would then mount winters on the OEM wheels.

Should I keep what I have, trade in with winters (if they let me in the summer), or should I buy a cheap set of OEM wheels closer to the trade-in date and mount those before trading in? That would be an option, but might leave me with more sets of wheels than I want, but also give me more flexibility.

Any advice appreciated. I have lots of time, as I don't plan on buying the F30 until next summer.

Reason for selling: Tired of 6MT (recently broke my elbow and can't shift), km is over 150, and I just plain want to spoil myself and get a car that's loaded compared to mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I suggest to sell the VMR wheels. On the day of trade in, give the dealer back the stock wheels and as for tires, winter or summer, dealer does not care much as far as I believe.

If your future F30 has M sport brakes (upgraded), then the min. brake caliper clearance would be 18"
Appreciate 0