E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Importing A Bmw

01-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #45
davig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
It's interesting that everyone is jumping on RIV for allowing BMW to put customers through the ringer in order to import cars. BMW is a private company and as such is allowed to set their own rules and make their own business decisions. If you want to import a vehicle and other manufacturers make it easier to do so, buy Brand X. Such is the nature of competition.

Also, I am not in the market for a new BMW, so I am happy about BMW protecting the value of my "investment".
That's only partially the point. Several months back, RIV's site listed numerous pre 2008 BMWs that qualified so obviously the manufacturer gave them that info. They can't very well retract it.
BMW's(and most manufacturers) problem is that a bunch of cars will come off lease soon and end up on their lots and on their books at a much lower value than contemplated when the leases were written. Ebbing tides lower all boats, and the flood of cars from the US will drag down the value of all used cars. For example, the Porsche and Infiniti dealers in Scottsdale have "Canada desks" to handle purchases by Canadians.

335i coupe, pss9s, F1 GD3
C5 Z06
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #46
Williewinky
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi Loaded

I just checked my imported "US" spec car and the lights are on during the day and the speedometer is in both KM and miles -- what's the problem Transport Canada? ...if your reading, get your head out of the sand and do what the Canadian taxpayers are paying you to do!!
Appreciate 0