E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turbo Upgrade Custom Tune

11-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
EricE47
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW e90 335i XDrive

Turbo Upgrade Custom Tune

Hey guys recently I upgraded my turbos to Vargas GC Lites. Other mods include catless dp and mid pipe, Burger Intake, Burger OCC, Burger oil cooler valve, silicone intake and charge pipes, ets 5" intercooler, and I'm currently running MHD stage 2+ map. This far I am extremely happy with the upgrades however, I think I want to turn up the power a bit more. I have read some threads and considered my options, right now I'm debating buying the jb4 or getting a custom map for the MHD. I am having some difficulty tracking down a custom tuner for the MHD, any one have suggestions? Someone recommended Justin to me on the MHD thread but I haven't been able to track him down. When I first started to look into the tuning software I liked the Proceed tuning however, I have heard there aren't many tuners or support for it. One aspect I am concerned about is my tune adjusting for elevation and barometric pressure, I live in colorado and drive from 5,250 ft elevation to 9,250 pretty frequently, so I want to make sure my car wont have AFR issues as I go up in elevation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

You plan on running pi? If not, flash only should do the trick but you're limiting your peak output. If you plan on running pi, a jb4 is the easiest way to integrate pi at this junture. There are people who are using flash only to control the pi but I think that is a little trickier. For the Avg consumer, mhd and jb4 stacked gives a nice setup.

I have gcs with pi, jb4, and mhd and so far so good.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
DennisPacMo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

you may hit up Wedge. He does custom tunes for MHD users. No idea on costs associated but he's top notch
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
OP- I've been dialing in my MMP Stg 3's with ******** and he's really helped make them come alive.
Appreciate 0