E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Car wash with service

08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Dippy
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328XI white

Car wash with service

Anyone have a bad experience with these?

Just got service done on mine today and it looked miserable (hard to screw up I know). Had to clean a lot of the left over water marks and dirt when I got home. Wish I took pictures of it but it was literally everywhere, hood, doors, top/back of trunk, roof, and the front/rear bumper. The windows were horrible too, streaks all over.

Was this just a bad day for whoever did it? or do others have similar experiences?

The receipt says "hand wash", but I highly doubt this was the case, or they use a very broad definition. They vacuumed the interior too (Sprayed down my floor mats, the all weather ones so they are nice and damp on the carpet portion).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Wouldn't trust them for a second. Had a friend go into Sudbury expecting his 535 to be washed, and came back with only tire shine.

Have witnessed the wash guys pretend they are F1 drivers pulling cars into the garage/wash area... wouldn't want them behind the wheel of my car. Not to mention, the quality of products / cleanliness of towels, etc. Tell them to skip it and do it yourself IMO.

Which dealership did you go to btw?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Bearden
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Don't know where your located but

You could try Dean street auto wash in Norwood. They clean the carpets, interior windows and exterior in a short amount of time.
Appreciate 0