E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New v3.3 PROcede maps (9-9)

09-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
My friend...you obviously dont pay attention to what I "say" above or my English are not good enough.

I'm running the Beta maps and THERE IS NO LAG/HESITATION/BOG (call it what you want) on upshifts ,even with these maps. What more should we expect when the "throttle fix" comes up?

Maybe the beta maps has this feature enabled and the new public ones ,not?

Note: Yes, I have a 6MT car
Shiv described the 6mt problem as a boost logic issue that only shows up in high boost applications which causes a throttle closure and de-spooling of the turbos. See this thread for details: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298455
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #46
cocoturkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i

Hi shiv,

just one quick question. is there any difference b/w test 11 beta map and the public 9-9 map? should all the beta testers jump to the new released 9-9 map?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #47
Big Tom
Banned
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i n54 e92 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoturkey View Post
Hi shiv,

just one quick question. is there any difference b/w test 11 beta map and the public 9-9 map? should all the beta testers jump to the new released 9-9 map?
I just can't believe that so many people keeps asking the same questions over and over again...

I can quote Shiv for the 2nd time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hey guys,
Just to clarify, the private (email only) beta maps that I've been emailing around for the last couple of weeks actually ran less peak boost (which occurred at 5500-6000rpm) than previous maps (7-29 and earlier). This was the case in all stages.

With the public (posted on the forum) beta maps, we brought boost targets back to where they have been for the past several months in Stg 2 and 3. Stg 1 still has the slightly reduced peak boost.

So no, we did not raise boost with the new maps. We actually dropped them during trial testing and then brought them back up to normal

And yes, even at lower boost pressures, the private beta maps were quicker than any previous map. The public beta maps should be even more so. And even more so once we release the 6MT throttle lag fix!

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #48
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

^ they can't be bothered to read the thread, quite annoying. I load the page thinking there is something worthwhile reading and its another person asking a question answered in the previous page.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #49
flem
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoturkey View Post
Hi shiv,

YES UPGRADE TO THE NEW MAPS
      09-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #50
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

My friend, see here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298455

he is still working a a fix to this, and has said it should be available hopefully by next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
My friend...you obviously dont pay attention to what I "say" above or my English are not good enough.

I'm running the Beta maps and THERE IS NO LAG/HESITATION/BOG (call it what you want) on upshifts ,even with these maps. What more should we expect when the "throttle fix" comes up?

Maybe the beta maps has this feature enabled and the new public ones ,not?

Note: Yes, I have a 6MT car
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #51
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
^ they can't be bothered to read the thread, quite annoying. I load the page thinking there is something worthwhile reading and its another person asking a question answered in the previous page.

now I've a question so flame suit on (don't think I've seen this question being asked before)

Does valet mode now still work the same way as keyfob? Like if you're in valet mode, can you still activate maps with DTC button? If so, then wouldn't the dealer be able to activate it if they know this method? Don't really feel like removing the Procede for dealer visit if it's minor stuff...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #52
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

WOW is all I can say!!! Noticeable difference on stg 1 here. DTC button is also a winner.

I dunno if it's just my imagination, but my exhaust sounds louder - anyone else??
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #53
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post

now I've a question so flame suit on (don't think I've seen this question being asked before)

Does valet mode now still work the same way as keyfob? Like if you're in valet mode, can you still activate maps with DTC button? If so, then wouldn't the dealer be able to activate it if they know this method? Don't really feel like removing the Procede for dealer visit if it's minor stuff...
Until you change maps with the DTC button, the map changing logic is identical to before... so valet will work as it did before. As soon as you change maps with the DTC button, this then overrides the map switch input.

So for those using the DTC button, you can set your default map by setting the "Off button map" and you can still have valet mode by enabling it as before. As soon as you change maps with the DTC button, this setting then overides the valet/default map.

I personally do not really change maps much... I just set the default to what I drive most of the time and do not use valet. But I much prefer the DTC method as I nolonger have the keyfob on my key ring.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #54
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Until you change maps with the DTC button, the map changing logic is identical to before... so valet will work as it did before. As soon as you change maps with the DTC button, this then overrides the map switch input.

So for those using the DTC button, you can set your default map by setting the "Off button map" and you can still have valet mode by enabling it as before. As soon as you change maps with the DTC button, this setting then overides the valet/default map.

I personally do not really change maps much... I just set the default to what I drive most of the time and do not use valet. But I much prefer the DTC method as I nolonger have the keyfob on my key ring.
But according to what Shiv said earlier in this thread, at this point in time, the map selection is not persistent, right? So if by default you start on map 1, then select valet while car's running, next time you start car, it'll still start on map 1, and not valet.

When will it become persistent? With the next release of maps for MT lagfix?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #55
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
But according to what Shiv said earlier in this thread, at this point in time, the map selection is not persistent, right? So if by default you start on map 1, then select valet while car's running, next time you start car, it'll still start on map 1, and not valet.

If you want the car to start up in valet, you will have to select that in the user software (valet mode ON). Eventually, the mapswitching feature will be persistent. But we have a few more things we'd like to square away before that

shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #56
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

Correct... it is currently not persistent. This is not a map thing. It is a firmware thing. The maps generally set the tune. The firmware sets the features.

I know Shiv has mentioned that persistance is an up and coming feature, but he has also mentioned some other features such as 6MT bogfix. I guess it will depend on his priority as to when this feature is added. Some people may prefer the default to valet option (without persistance) anyway, so this may have to be catered for also.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #57
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Correct... it is currently not persistent. This is not a map thing. It is a firmware thing. The maps generally set the tune. The firmware sets the features.

I know Shiv has mentioned that persistance is an up and coming feature, but he has also mentioned some other features such as 6MT bogfix. I guess it will depend on his priority as to when this feature is added. Some people may prefer the default to valet option (without persistance) anyway, so this may have to be catered for also.
I am one that like default setting to valet for sure! So yes this caters to me
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #58
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
The maps posted yesterday are outstanding! Can't wait for the 6MT fix next week!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #59
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
I prefer the dtc thing over any of the previous ways, including the vent gauge. I dont see the issue.
If you guys need a town hall to discuss this, I will set one up.
      09-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #60
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
If you guys need a town hall to discuss this, I will set one up.
potential solution: have a new parameter about persistency or default startup map!
      09-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #61
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

Great job, thanks! The boost response is greatly improved with minimal turbo lag. My wastegate rattle has also quieted down drastically. In fact, I can barely hear it at all now. Map switching via DTC is fantastic! The boost response between gears is definitely better (even though it doesn't have bogfix yet). I now need to let the clutch out easier on the 1-2 shift to avoid mean, attention-getting 2nd gear chirps. I can't wait for bogfix!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #62
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I am one that like default setting to valet for sure! So yes this caters to me
Really? What, you like to just change to a map every time you get in the car just for fun? Don't you drive out of valet mode most of the time?

For anyone who mainly drives on a map, persistence is the way to go. And if you're going to lend your car to someone, just put it in valet before giving it to them, and you're done. I'd rather have this for the 1 out of 10 times I want to start the car in valet, than have to switch out of valet into a map 9 out of 10 times, because most of my driving I do in a map mode.

And the solution wouldn't be to have map 1 set as a default, because then you can't just change to valet and give the car to someone. On the next restart, it would be the map again.

Persistence gives you the best of both worlds for occasionally using valet and being in a map most of the time.

I just don't see what the advantage is behind not having it persistent, other than for someone whose car is driven like half the time in valet mode, and half in a map, which I would assume is a small group.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #63
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
potential solution: have a new parameter about persistency or default startup map!
Agreed +1; But my offer to set up a town hall meeting was a political joke. If you have been reading the US news or watching, town hall meetings is where nasty childish comical bickering about non-existent bills happens.
      09-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #64
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Really? What, you like to just change to a map every time you get in the car just for fun? Don't you drive out of valet mode most of the time?

For anyone who mainly drives on a map, persistence is the way to go. And if you're going to lend your car to someone, just put it in valet before giving it to them, and you're done. I'd rather have this for the 1 out of 10 times I want to start the car in valet, than have to switch out of valet into a map 9 out of 10 times, because most of my driving I do in a map mode.

And the solution wouldn't be to have map 1 set as a default, because then you can't just change to valet and give the car to someone. On the next restart, it would be the map again.

Persistence gives you the best of both worlds for occasionally using valet and being in a map most of the time.

I just don't see what the advantage is behind not having it persistent, other than for someone whose car is driven like half the time in valet mode, and half in a map, which I would assume is a small group.

I occasionally drive the car to work and leave it at a parking lot which attendants move the car sometimes...1...protects them from going faster than 25 miles or so when they have to move it and decide they want to take a joy ride!!! Scenario# 2..If ever I get car jacked...I simply turn the car off and give it to them and walk away !!!...they start the car back up and take off and can't use my car to get away especially since when they start it, it only goes 25 miles the most because its in VALET!!!!
3... When my kids eventually drive my car, I can be assured that when they start the car and drive it, I can set the speed limit to which the car can go MAX....lets say settting it somewhere around 75 maximum speed and no more,,,
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #65
Graystone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sport euro 6mt

Perspective from a avid reader but no real world

the reason for consern on most peoples minds about the DTC button is that it is going to turn off the traction control and send them off into the ditch. This was my first thought. How does it work together with map switching.
Question I dont have the console screen with nav. will all this still work. And really stupid question Do i need a laptop to use all the features.
Comment..This 6mt fix will be the reason i go with shiv....i am very excited!
Not that I think it will make my fastest times faster but it will make everything much more CONSISTENT............tks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #66
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

You can still use the DTC button as normal. Just select your map, then use the button like normal (but don't press it fast enough to select a new map).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
the reason for consern on most peoples minds about the DTC button is that it is going to turn off the traction control and send them off into the ditch. This was my first thought. How does it work together with map switching.
Question I dont have the console screen with nav. will all this still work. And really stupid question Do i need a laptop to use all the features.
Comment..This 6mt fix will be the reason i go with shiv....i am very excited!
Not that I think it will make my fastest times faster but it will make everything much more CONSISTENT............tks.
Appreciate 0