E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Second thoughts on 335i Coupe

06-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
Rocket07
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 94Ford Probe GT

Second thoughts on 335i Coupe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I am having second thoughts...I bought the 335i coupe and finally took delivery after waiting 2 months to get it here and I don't feel it. DOn't get me wrong, the car is definitely a rocket and that turbo has a kick to it. I'm just not sure if it's worth the $$$ for me. Still very happy with my old car and wouldn't mind just driving that. So seeing who's interested in buying a space gray 335i coupe black/aluminium/6MT sport/premium/CA/heated seats. the car has 70 miles on it so it's pretty much new. Still on the fence, so if anyone can convince me to keep it and just be happy, that would be great too. If there is someone interested, PM me. Thanks for reading...

Last edited by Rocket07; 06-11-2007 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Dude your drivin a 94 ford probe. Come on...
      06-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
Coldintake
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Dude your drivin a 94 ford probe. Come on...
+1

and it seems like you bought a car that was out of your budget i.e. an impulse buy.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Rocket07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
+1

and it seems like you bought a car that was out of your budget i.e. an impulse buy.
Not really an impulse buy...thought about the car since it was released in September long and hard talking to numerous friends who are Bimmer fanatics. I pulled the trigger in April. I do feel that maybe I was pressured by a few people to "step up" into something that suits my profession better and finally gave in to it. As far as the budget, I don't think that was a problem. In fact I feel that I am probably in better shape than many. I'm not sure if I mentioned I put down all cash with enough cash left over to probably buy another bimmer. Also I made a decent 6 income salary this year, pay no mortgage and don't have a S.O. So the budget shouldn't be an issue. I will say that I never spent that much on anything in my life and now questioning whether it was worth it. Also, I was planning to keep the Probe as a beater (live in LA and will be commuting 50miles/day). So I started to think why should I pay for a car tha I am hardly going to use. I will say that if my old car was gone (and it does have a few maintenace issues), there is no other car than this one I would want to drive...so nothing against the car.
Another thing I failed to mention was my purchasing experience from BMW was a horrible one. It has left me a bit sour. So waiting to buy a new car after 13 years, I thought it would be a gratifying and joyful experience. It left me completely dissatisfied. Very disappointed...I thought high end dealers pride themselves on service. Anyways, a little more insight on the situation than probably needed. Maybe I should take this to another topic from sales...more like counseling...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

That is rather disappointing, sounds like you made a very adult decision.

Generally, I would say its moronic to sell a used "new" car as you would take a bath in the losses. However, the 335 is hot and in high demand (especially in Cali where it seems everyone pays retail for them) Put it up on autotrader asap and see if anyone takes interest.

What were you expecting this car to be like?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket07 View Post
Not really an impulse buy...thought about the car since it was released in September long and hard talking to numerous friends who are Bimmer fanatics. I pulled the trigger in April. I do feel that maybe I was pressured by a few people to "step up" into something that suits my profession better and finally gave in to it. As far as the budget, I don't think that was a problem. In fact I feel that I am probably in better shape than many. I'm not sure if I mentioned I put down all cash with enough cash left over to probably buy another bimmer. Also I made a decent 6 income salary this year, pay no mortgage and don't have a S.O. So the budget shouldn't be an issue. I will say that I never spent that much on anything in my life and now questioning whether it was worth it. Also, I was planning to keep the Probe as a beater (live in LA and will be commuting 50miles/day). So I started to think why should I pay for a car tha I am hardly going to use. I will say that if my old car was gone (and it does have a few maintenace issues), there is no other car than this one I would want to drive...so nothing against the car.
Another thing I failed to mention was my purchasing experience from BMW was a horrible one. It has left me a bit sour. So waiting to buy a new car after 13 years, I thought it would be a gratifying and joyful experience. It left me completely dissatisfied. Very disappointed...I thought high end dealers pride themselves on service. Anyways, a little more insight on the situation than probably needed. Maybe I should take this to another topic from sales...more like counseling...
I think you havent had enought time to drive and enjoy the car....take the car on a trip or drive it to work one day and you will see how much better it is. Sell the probe and drive the 335. Cars are meant to be driven not stored.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
Rocket07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
That is rather disappointing, sounds like you made a very adult decision.

What were you expecting this car to be like?

Thanks for your response and interest. The car is extremely sporty, fast and handles like a race car...no issues with the way it drives, at least from the short period I've driven it. I guess I thought it would feel more luxurious inside...I know, probably should have got a Lexus or a G35 if I wanted a "luxury" interior, but this car blows just about every car out there as far as looks go...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Thanks for your response and interest. The car is extremely sporty, fast and handles like a race car...no issues with the way it drives, at least from the short period I've driven it. I guess I thought it would feel more luxurious inside...I know, probably should have got a Lexus or a G35 if I wanted a "luxury" interior, but this car blows just about every car out there as far as looks go...
Just keep it and drive it. You can afford to just drive it, do so. 3 series arent collectors cars, they are meant to be driven and enjoye. You will appreciate this car and its features more in 2 weeks than right away. BMW will grow on you and you wont be able to "go back" to something else.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
BeMyWife330i
DIMA ZMEY
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4 avant

^+1
      06-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
So I am having second thoughts...I bought the 335i coupe and finally took delivery after waiting 2 months to get it here and I don't feel it. DOn't get me wrong, the car is definitely a rocket and that first turbo has a kick to it (haven't pushed it to the second.) I'm just not sure if it's worth the $$$ for me. Still very happy with my old car and wouldn't mind just driving that. So seeing who's interested in buying a space gray 335i coupe black/aluminium/6MT sport/premium/CA/heated seats. the car has 70 miles on it so it's pretty much new. Still on the fence, so if anyone can convince me to keep it and just be happy, that would be great too. If there is someone interested, PM me. Thanks for reading...
BTW, there is no 'second turbo' to kick into. It's a twin turbo, not a sequential. Both turbos are supplying boost at the same time. If you buy a $40-$50K car and are indifferent about it (which it seems that you are), you should sell it. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #11
Rocket07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
BTW, there is no 'second turbo' to kick into. It's a twin turbo, not a sequential. Both turbos are supplying boost at the same time. If you buy a $40-$50K car and are indifferent about it (which it seems that you are), you should sell it. Good luck.
Sorry...didn't know how the turbos really work...corrected that...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The 335i isn't for everyone.

Honestly, if the IS350 had twin turbos and a stick shift I would be there in a heartbeat. Lexus Navis just leave me drooling. They also have cooled seats, feel great! Those are outweighed however by BMW's great steering feel, great power, great exhaust note, and transmission choices. The BMW is truely a drivers car and everyday I start the engine with the door open in the garage I just can't help but smile.

Other then the IS350, there is no other competitor right now that is stepping up to the plate. I can't wait to try out the new C class, G37, and the CTS.

I'm not sure if you are in the same area as I am in however, seems like you need a 7 series or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #13
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

wasn't this thread in a different part of the forum?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #14
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

and G35 FTmajorL

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #15
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry...didn't know how the turbos really work...corrected that...
No biggie. Also, I had similar feelings about my CLK 55 AMG. The car was nice, but I was not in love with it. It killed me to be paying so much money for a car that I wasn't in love with, so I traded it for the 335. I'm much happier now. You'll probably be much happier eating a loss and putting your money into a car that you're crazy about, or getting a cheaper car that you would also be content driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #16
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Was in a very similar situation but I don't earn nice 6 figures ...I kept it cause I am loving it...driving only on weekends. If you're not too crazy bout it, I say sell it..you know...money in bank grows..haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #17
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

bmw's have awesome retention values... so drive it for 2-4 years... and sell it... you'll "lose" a few thousand -- only at the expense of enjoying your car too much and having everyone you pass stare at you and your new ride...

heck, i wish i had a 335i... but i'm very very very satisfied w/ my 325. and this is coming from an 04 mazda rx8
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #18
Rocket07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
bmw's have awesome retention values... so drive it for 2-4 years... and sell it... you'll "lose" a few thousand -- only at the expense of enjoying your car too much and having everyone you pass stare at you and your new ride...

heck, i wish i had a 335i... but i'm very very very satisfied w/ my 325. and this is coming from an 04 mazda rx8

If I "lose" only a few thousand after 3 years, I would be very satisfied...but I feel like it will be more like 20K loss after 3-4 years...please correct me if I'm wrong becuase I hope I am. Decided to keep it either way...thanks for all the support.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #19
stormace
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 coupe (retired)

dude, no offense to engineers, but dude, you remind me of an engineer with your mentality.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #20
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Get a PROcede?
      06-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #21
Rocket07
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormace View Post
dude, no offense to engineers, but dude, you remind me of an engineer with your mentality.
That's funny that you say this because my engineer friend was the biggest proponent for me to get a 335...he has a 330 zhp and is all about bimmers. I'm a doctor....don't know if they fit any stereotypes... Decided to keep it and enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #22
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Quote:
That's funny that you say this because my engineer friend was the biggest proponent for me to get a 335...he has a 330 zhp and is all about bimmers. I'm a doctor....don't know if they fit any stereotypes... Decided to keep it and enjoy it.
Congrats on the decision to keep it.

Here's to hoping your love and relationship with your 335i grows and flourishes.
Appreciate 0