E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #1233
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Met a guy the other day at a festival. Said it took him 3 months to sell his Big Motoring World BMW as it had their logo/wording etc on the number plate. He changed plate and sold it a week later.

People are getting the message, yet Big motoring are expanding. They are in canterbury now and are currently building a big ass showroom in snodland......

I feel bad for their next customer
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #1234
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Happy to report I got a car from Big Motoring World in Kent and the car seems in good condition. I had arranged an appointment to see my car before I did my research on them so was a little worried what my experience would be like but the sales guy was fine (albeit wasnt keen for me to test drive until we agreed price). Service place to pickup car was quite a nice setup. Seems most the comments on Big motoring world are negative but they remain in existence so there must be plenty of decent cars coming through and subsequently happy customers. I guess how many people bother to actively report a good experience!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #1235
CapnCook
Gibbon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 320d Touring

I just saw this on their Facebook page:

This is a job for Dom Littlewood.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #1236
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteMayo View Post
Happy to report I got a car from Big Motoring World in Kent and the car seems in good condition. I had arranged an appointment to see my car before I did my research on them so was a little worried what my experience would be like but the sales guy was fine (albeit wasnt keen for me to test drive until we agreed price). Service place to pickup car was quite a nice setup. Seems most the comments on Big motoring world are negative but they remain in existence so there must be plenty of decent cars coming through and subsequently happy customers. I guess how many people bother to actively report a good experience!
another "fan"!...wow!....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #1237
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Do you really think we were born yesterday. You sign up to this forum and your first and only post is to sing the praises of big motoring world. All you have done is to bump this thread that lays out all the appalling things that big do.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #1238
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
These people weren't as happy as you

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...ing-world.html
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #1239
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
I just saw this on their Facebook page:

Great customer service. Excellent approach. Unhappy customer and they take the piss. No "give us a call" "that shouldn't have happened" or "we want to sort this out for you". Just ha ha, tough shit.

Nice touch Big Motoring World. Remember, social media works both ways.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #1240
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
another "fan"!...wow!....
Yes, incredible it seems given the general vibe but I think I'm within my right to post positive feedback if I had a positive experience. Otherwise what’s the point in a forum?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #1241
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Do you really think we were born yesterday. You sign up to this forum and your first and only post is to sing the praises of big motoring world. All you have done is to bump this thread that lays out all the appalling things that big do.
Hi, I owned a Citroen C2 until recently so I’ve had no need to be part of this forum until now. I’ve just bought a 3 series hence my first comment. Nothing untoward about that....but no, how dare I post something positive if I had a positive experience, I mean what right do I have, it’s not like this is a forum where people are free to speak about their experiences/purchases????
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #1242
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
These people weren't as happy as you

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...ing-world.html
....and your point is? All I'm doing is feeding back how my experience was
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #1243
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Hi, I owned a Citroen C2 until recently so I’ve had no need to be part of this forum until now. I’ve just bought a 3 series hence my first comment. Nothing untoward about that....but no, how dare I post something positive if I had a positive experience, I mean what right do I have, it’s not like this is a forum where people are free to speak about their experiences/purchases????
Let's see your BMW then?
I don't see a post in the 'newbies' section either....or anything else about your car, rather than just praise for Big Motoring world...

Were you on a forum for your C2?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #1244
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Give it a rest. You sound like someone in a cheap detective story.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #1245
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz View Post
Let's see your BMW then?
I don't see a post in the 'newbies' section either....or anything else about your car, rather than just praise for Big Motoring world...

Were you on a forum for your C2?
I haven't the need to post anything in the newbies section. I chose to post in E90POST.com because this is the forum I stumbled across when I was researching Big Motoring World.

Here are my posts from C2 forum under user: Dave7la

http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.p...passenger+seat

You keep going on about praise for BMWorld.....its just feedback. Why would I slate them if all I had was a good experience
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #1246
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Give it a rest. You sound like someone in a cheap detective story.
Happy to give you a call mate and talk things through.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1247
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Happy to give you a call mate and talk things through.
Sounds like a sales line, you're not on the forecourt now buddy ease up
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #1248
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
Sounds like a sales line, you're not on the forecourt now buddy ease up
Just as well since im not a car salesman 'buddy'
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #1249
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

My reply was directed at kayfaz and his rather conspiratorial challenge to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #1250
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
The point is that big motoring world who have a lot of shoddy practices and treat their customers with contempt have in the past signed up to post positive reviews about themselves. Their post are very similar to yours. You sign up to a forum and then don't discuss your car, ask for advice etc but immediately post up a positive review about Big. They are just bloody awful. Look forward to seeing pics of your car. So when you researched big motoring world and came across lots of negative reviews you decided to go there and buy a car anyway?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #1251
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The point is that big motoring world who have a lot of shoddy practices and treat their customers with contempt have in the past signed up to post positive reviews about themselves. Their post are very similar to yours. You sign up to a forum and then don't discuss your car, ask for advice etc but immediately post up a positive review about Big. They are just bloody awful. Look forward to seeing pics of your car. So when you researched big motoring world and came across lots of negative reviews you decided to go there and buy a car anyway?
I’ve seen a couple of the phantom posts on here from likely BMWorld employees but they are cringe worthy in comparison to my post such as going on about knowing the owner and building his business up from scratch. I also note there is no response from the phantom member/s once challenged whereas I am defending the validity of my post. In terms of the negative reviews they are dominated by 1) poor customer service and 2) concern over the fact their cars might be fresh from auction.

On the first point, poor customer service is a small price to pay if you think the car is a good deal, I just expected to adjust my personality accordingly and talk on their level. As it happened the guy I dealt with was actually relatively friendly. If you look hard enough you’ll probably find negative reviews of any business out there, let alone car dealerships 2) Surprise surprise, they probably get stock from auction, like most car dealerships. My C2 came from The Car Shop which was x auction. I can see BMWorld has had bad reviews but not every car can be beaten up otherwise they wouldn’t be in business.

Happily get some photos up later.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #1252
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
The complaints are not just about poor customer service and very few people complain about their cars being from auction particularly on this forum. read this thread. People have been lied to numerous times. Prices of cars have been put up when arrangements have been made for a test drive. Test drives have been refused until finance has been arranged. Phantom cars are on website but not on their forecourt (not just once or twice as can happen but many times). Length of warranty / MOT has been lied about, they tell buyer that the car has been fully / recently serviced when it hasnt. people have reported that they have swapped over tyres and wheels after purchase but before collection.

Why would you buy a car from them?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #1253
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The complaints are not just about poor customer service and very few people complain about their cars being from auction particularly on this forum. read this thread. People have been lied to numerous times. Prices of cars have been put up when arrangements have been made for a test drive. Test drives have been refused until finance has been arranged. Phantom cars are on website but not on their forecourt (not just once or twice as can happen but many times). Length of warranty / MOT has been lied about, they tell buyer that the car has been fully / recently serviced when it hasnt. people have reported that they have swapped over tyres and wheels after purchase but before collection.

Why would you buy a car from them?
Most the stuff uv just listed has no bearing what so ever on me as a car buyer for the following reasons:

- 'prices been put up after test drive arrangement'...well dont buy the bloody car then. My price wasnt put up, I fought for decrease in price as is the norm when it comes to 2nd hand car sales. Why would I have an issue buying a car from there just because someone else had that issue but I didnt.
- 'test drives refused until finance arranged', if this is really the case, walk out the door. I was told I had to come to general agreement on price b4 test drive. I told them this was a meaningless agreement as I wouldnt be paying a penny until I test drove the car. They let me test drive the car before anything was agreed, so no issue for me on this point.
- 'phantom cars on website'. Well the car I saw on the website was there when I got there!!!!!!!!! Again, no issue for me. If it wasnt there I'd say bye bye!
- 'length of MOT, warranty and servicing lied about'. Not in my case so again no issues for me.
- 'tyres/wheels swapped over'. Not in my case, everything in good shape on pickup. Disgraceful that that should happen to anyone but I made sure all was in order on collection.

Why would I buy a car from them? Why wouldnt I buy a car I thought was reasonable and actually existed when I got there, that I could indeed test drive.!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #1254
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Why wouldn't you buy a car from them? Just read this thread. Enjoy your car, look forward to the pictures
Appreciate 0