E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Paint Match Help! AW300. Best Paint Shops in Central Jersey or NYC??

02-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Paint Match Help! AW300. Best Paint Shops in Central Jersey or NYC??

I had my new msport rear taken to a shop who's work is pretty good and nice guys. Riverside paint and body in Belleville, nj.

However when I got there they said there is 3 variants to the alpinweiss 300.

The standard, and yellow variant, and whiter variant.

We used the pallets and the whiter one was too bright and not a match. The standard had a pink hue just like my car but seemed a tad dark. The yellow variant seems that the shade was a very slight shade brighter and had no pink hue. All three of us there picked the yellow variant.

Now that it's painted it seems a little more pure white than the car and the car seems more off white creamy.

I called another shop and they said there is 8 variants ?? Omg!

What should I do? What shop is good in the area?

I told them about the 8 variants and they said they were going to call bmw to get the paint or look into it. I suggested bringing them my bumper too. Here is the rear which seems to look a bit better in the picture. Also a picture of the other side during fitment.
Attached Images

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93

There is loads ov varies,just depends on the paint sceam,octral ect your best off blending the quartars if you cant find correct paint code
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I personally will only have a BMW (JMK and Prestige) body shop touch my car.

In the past with my 328 coupe however, I've used Benners Auto Body in Cranford New Jersey- they've been pretty good, and they guarantee their work bumper to bumper.

Isn't your exact paint code on your driver side door jamb bro?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335

In the past with my 328 coupe however, I've used Benners Auto Body in Cranford New Jersey- they've been pretty good, and they guarantee their work bumper to bumper.

I looked under the hood and saw alpinweiss300.

Should I look by the jam? What am I looking for?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury
Quote:

Oh wait, you're right! The hood would have it. I wonder if our VINs hold any more granular info...
I would check my jam now, but I'm currently fighting a 102 degree fever
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh wait, you're right! The hood would have it. I wonder if our VINs hold any more granular info...
My wife is sick too. Cut onions and put them all around the room. Drink raw lemon water. Take 1500mg of vitamin C and 50mg zinc. This will boost your immune system fast by tomorrow you will feel great.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
I wish I could find out how to match.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My wife is sick too. Cut onions and put them all around the room. Drink raw lemon water. Take 1500mg of vitamin C and 50mg zinc. This will boost your immune system fast by tomorrow you will feel great.
Cool thanks- I'll look into those suggestions brotha - I have never had a fever for 4 days
On my 3rd dose of Levaquin. Give my best to the wife, and here's to a fast recovery! I'll give the jam a look when I'm back from the dead
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Does this help you? I think the sedan is paint code "300."

http://bmwccbc.org/resources/teile/B...ent-colors.pdf
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #10
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Didn't you just get your tips done by ACM? Why didn't you ask them? They do paint as well
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

This is true
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #12
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
They outsource paintwork.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #13
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
I went to jmk BMW in Plainfield. The guy there in the paint department says he just needs my vin number and paint code and it will match.

He says that some paints have more variants than other paints. He said they have the best ratings for paint match in the area.

Why couldn't the shop that painted my rear do that?

Another shop called 402autobody and in asbury park area said the same thing and they have a optrometer for paint matching As well as Rocco's paint and body down by Phili.

Should I trust the dealer? jmk BMW body shop seems to be confident and the paint brand they use is German he said.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #14
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went to jmk BMW in Plainfield. The guy there in the paint department says he just needs my vin number and paint code and it will match.

He says that some paints have more variants than other paints. He said they have the best ratings for paint match in the area.

Another shop called 402autobody and in asbury park area said the same thing and they have a optrometer for paint matching As well as Rocco's paint and body down by Phili.

Should I trust the dealer? jmk BMW body shop seems to be confident and the paint brand they use is German he said.
You sure it wasn't Springfield bro?

If so I would absolutely trust them. I know Ken Park personally- the manager of the body shop- and he's always done top-notch work for my cars. I bought my 335 convertible from them!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #15
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

You sure it wasn't Springfield bro?

If so I would absolutely trust them. I know Ken Park personally- the manager of the body shop- and he's always done top-notch work for my cars. I bought my 335 convertible from them!
I just dropped it off a AMS autowerks in linden. Diego said its alpine white and has done it many times and said you have to know what variants to paint.

He said he didn't need my oem bumper or car. He days 100% he knows he can do it.

I mean he is either damn good or everyone else is just lazy and dumb lol.

He must be a great painter he seemed very confident and relaxed.

Appreciate 0