E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Low Milage Insurance Discount

02-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
JeffNasty
WOPWOPWOP
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White : e92

Low Milage Insurance Discount

So i have to prove my low milage to get my insurance milage discount.. but the only way i can do this is through a service record that shows the date, vin, and milage of the vehicle.

I do not need service on my car at the moment.. does anyone know anywhere that would write up a service receipt with the milage for free or a small fee?

Its been a month and I need to do it by tomorrow before i go over the miles!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

why not take a time-stamped picture of the odometer? Maybe with today's newspaper (remember newspapers?) with the headline date in the picture.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Agentphish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i

I'd just take it to the dealer, say "Look, I need something that says this" and they'll probably give you SOMETHING.
      02-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
JeffNasty
WOPWOPWOP
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White : e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
why not take a time-stamped picture of the odometer? Maybe with today's newspaper (remember newspapers?) with the headline date in the picture.
if that was the case i could take a picture of anyones dash and say it was mine.. i liked the idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
I'd just take it to the dealer, say "Look, I need something that says this" and they'll probably give you SOMETHING.
thats what im thinking too, going to make some calls tomorrow and see who can help me out.

cant be driving places that wont help me out and risk going over! even though i still have about 100 miles left, i dont want to take any chances
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Interesting back in the day when you got comp and collision the car had to be inspected for previous damage, at the expense of the insurance co. Now that they repair with used and aftermarket parts, I guess it doesn't matter anymore....
Appreciate 0