E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Normfest DPF cleaner

03-28-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
Stev443
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dark side Audi TTS

Normfest DPF cleaner

Just saw this on sale at eurocarparts, anyone used this or similar products just wondering if they are any good or a waste of cash
Normfest DPF Cleaner 400ml
For efficient removal of soot buildup in your DPF, this revolutionary product from Normfest could spare you the cost of having to replace your DPF, as well as alleviate any power loss or failed regeneration issues you could face if your DPF has become too clogged.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

Never heard of Normfest mate. Certainly not a waste of cash but I went for a more 'trusted' - for want of a better word - name. I used Forte DPF Cleaner and subsequently use STP stuff as its cheap from Amazon. This is the type added to the tank.

I had a clogged DPF message on iDrive and confirmed this in INPA. This was caused by knackered thermostats not allowing a regen. A bottle of this stuff cleared the idrive message immediately and not had problems since so it worked in my experience to help clear a clogged DPF.

Obviously, getting to the cause of the clogging is essential too.

Just had a look at it on ECP site - seems this is the stuff you spray directly into the DPF through the sensor (after removing sensor first) - I have read some horror stories of doing it this way.......
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
Stev443
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Dark side Audi TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calluhan View Post
Never heard of Normfest mate. Certainly not a waste of cash but I went for a more 'trusted' - for want of a better word - name. I used Forte DPF Cleaner and subsequently use STP stuff as its cheap from Amazon. This is the type added to the tank.

I had a clogged DPF message on iDrive and confirmed this in INPA. This was caused by knackered thermostats not allowing a regen. A bottle of this stuff cleared the idrive message immediately and not had problems since so it worked in my experience to help clear a clogged DPF.

Obviously, getting to the cause of the clogging is essential too.

Just had a look at it on ECP site - seems this is the stuff you spray directly into the DPF through the sensor (after removing sensor first) - I have read some horror stories of doing it this way.......
Thanks for that, was a little unsure about direct spray into the DPF thanks for the info
Appreciate 0