E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Anyone near Charlotte, NC willing to pull a code to make sure I'm not getting screwed

07-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
bumfuzzled65
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT Monaco Blue

Anyone near Charlotte, NC willing to pull a code to make sure I'm not getting screwed

Hey guys,

I bought an '08 335i 6M about 2 months ago and have already had the HPFP and #6 coil replaced on two seperate visits which was all covered under the 30-day warranty. Yesterday my check engine light came back on and the car went into limp mode until I was able to get off of the highway to restart the car. This was the exact same problem I had the last time when I thought the new fuel pump was already fouling up, but Hendrick BMW replaced #6 coil and sent me on my way, only to have it come back now.

I do have an extended warranty through Carmax, but it's a $300 deductible if this is a different problem than what they last fixed and I would feel a million times more comfortable if I had the data in hand when I take it in.

Anyone near Charlotte that would be willing to pull this code for me? I'd be willing to provide your favorite beverage(s) I've been looking at OBDII wifi & bluetooth adapters as I want to have this functionality myself and be able to do some coding, but waited too long to pull the trigger.

I live in the Dilworth neighborhood in Charlotte, if that matters.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
dsm25psi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335I, IS300, E30

If you still need any help, give me a call at the shop monday.
(704) 469-6806
evo's sold
335i sold
Appreciate 0