E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Window auto up will not work

01-19-2016, 06:35 AM   #1
Grant e92
Rep
Drives: e92 330d se

Window auto up will not work

Hi I'm after a little information had the battery disconnected for a few hours yesterday as I was doing some work on the engine. I've got back in it this morning and the auto up function has gone on both windows they also will not come down on the key either.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

They need to be reset - fully open but then hold the button pressed for about another 3 or 4 seconds then close and do the same.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
soldado331
Private
Rep
Drives: '10 AW e90 335xi

Garage List
This same thing happened to me last year. I tried everything including above suggestion. Eventually took it to local dealership and they confirmed foot rest module was the culprit and wanted $1000 for module and labor!! I bought a new module online and had it coded by a forum member in my area. All in was about $450 bucks. Turns out these foot rest modules are sensitive to changes in current and we should not disconnect the battery or give someone else a battery jump unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Best of luck man.
      01-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
Fez335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Blue E92 335i

The exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago.. I followed the instructions in this thread and it worked perfectly!

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...0#post20038060

Ignition on - position 1
Hold window down button, once window is down hold it for 30 seconds

Hope this solves your problem
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i RWD

Hey guys I have the same problem. Everything was fine until this morning out of the blue my speakers went completely dead. I could not figure out what the problem was so I decided to disconnect battery for about a minute and reconnect again. It worked and speakers came back on but now for some reason "auto-up" no longer works on either driver or passenger side window. I need to mention that auto-down still works.

I tried a couple of things I read on internet including lowering the window all the way down, then rolling it back up and holding the switch up for a couple of seconds but strangely that locked the window in close (up) position! I had to disconnect battery for a few seconds again to gain control of my window.

Anyone know what the hell is wrong? I doubt it is hardware (sensor, contactor, etc...) because both windows are doing the exact same thing, so has to be a software problem....? it is e92 328i.

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
RedMonster796
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Front Window "locked" up

Hi Bimmer Pleaser,

Did you ever figure out what was the problem with your windows? I'm having the same problem. I let the car sit for a while and the battery died. After I charged it up, the front windows would go down and up two or three times, then they would be "locked" in the up position.

I have tried all the suggestions for erasing and recalibrating, but nothing has worked. I've seen some posts about the foot rest module, and I am not wanting to spend $450 without knowing for sure (or at least having a better idea if that will fix it).

I am very interested in knowing what finally worked for you.

Thanks!
Won
Appreciate 0