E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > God Damn Chp!!!!

03-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 6MT Blk/Blk

God Damn Chp!!!!

Well.. driving down my local home road got popped in the morning for doing 48mph in a 40mph. Usual lingo gives me a ticket(first ticket in my life)

Says some bs about my tint but cant dont anything because windows rolled down. Mind you iam 21 years old and this jackoff asks me 3 times if this is really my car. and i say yes. all the info is in my name so i assume that makes it my car? jealous pig. anyways. that was on monday the 12th. now on the 13th this jackoff gets my dad for 50 in a 40mph same fuckin spot i was in. Ok well my dad fuckin lecutures the cop. my dad is one hardcore man and he wasnt happy at all the cop gave me a ticket mainly because it was a horseshit ticket. My dad talked to this fools sargent today because my dad is hiring a lawyer to deal with this bs. It does feel like discrimination because my dad told this fool you pull over my son because he drives an 07 bimmer? The cop says i pulled him over because he has no plates.(duh new car barely a month) as far as i know when i got popped i didnt see a radar in his hand. my dad says he didnt see one either but my dad asked to see it and it said 50mph. My dad told that fools sargent that makes sure he shows up to court and the sargent replied well if he doesnt show up it gets thrown out anyways.

i dont know what to do of this.. just bought a valentine 1 right now just to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lol might be more likely to get ticketed just cause you have a V1... but whatevs. why speed in a 40 anyways? probably a local road right?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
lol might be more likely to get ticketed just cause you have a V1... but whatevs. why speed in a 40 anyways? probably a local road right?
i wasnt speeding.. i think the cop got me for some bs because my speedo said i was doing 42mph. also it wasnt technically a local road.. its a "State highway" into the mountains.. "forest falls and big bear" so they have jurisdiction to give me a ticket but these fools are dicks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
ic... 45 in a 40 isnt really speeding anyways. well hopefully the popo doesnt show up at court

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Sorry to hear that bro, I've gotten a ticket for going 50 on a 40 and when I got to traffic school, even the instructor was telling me the ticket was BS because they usually give u up to 10 miles over, anyway, did my traffic school and the ticket was cleared before I got my first bimmer.

Hope everything works out for you and your dad.

JZ
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

If this cop had used a radar on you, then you have some outs. Maybe he wasn't aiming it right, it was the car next to you that was speeding...or check if the radar was recently calibrated...or the cop stop you without probable cause, such as no plate on a new car... or check this cops past history, maybe he was an outcast from LAPD, he hee ... Oh well, good luck in court.

Using the radar/lazer is tricky. It uses the doppler effect. Basically, it measures the time for one cycle of a wave. Assuming your car was approaching a stationary emitting source (radar), then it will calculate speed by the difference in the signal when emitted and coming back. If the source is absolutely stationary, then the radar is pretty accurate within lets say +, - 1 mph. Now let's say it is on of those hand held ones, and the user, cheats a little and (heavily) jerks the source forward, up down, left or right, then as you can imagine the reading may be off. It could happen. Unless the cop paced you from behind and then logged in the MPH violation then you may have a chance.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

he was on his bike to my right.. i never saw a radar gun in his hand..also on the ticket itself doesnt say traffic conditions at all and there were cars behind me. also on the section on the ticket where it says "Race" he put down "B" iam not prejudice or anything but was i just pulled over for driving while black and iam not even black? wtf gives
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianPoweredE90 View Post
Well.. driving down my local home road got popped in the morning for doing 48mph in a 40mph. Usual lingo gives me a ticket(first ticket in my life)

Says some bs about my tint but cant dont anything because windows rolled down. Mind you iam 21 years old and this jackoff asks me 3 times if this is really my car. and i say yes. all the info is in my name so i assume that makes it my car? jealous pig. anyways. that was on monday the 12th. now on the 13th this jackoff gets my dad for 50 in a 40mph same fuckin spot i was in. Ok well my dad fuckin lecutures the cop. my dad is one hardcore man and he wasnt happy at all the cop gave me a ticket mainly because it was a horseshit ticket. My dad talked to this fools sargent today because my dad is hiring a lawyer to deal with this bs. It does feel like discrimination because my dad told this fool you pull over my son because he drives an 07 bimmer? The cop says i pulled him over because he has no plates.(duh new car barely a month) as far as i know when i got popped i didnt see a radar in his hand. my dad says he didnt see one either but my dad asked to see it and it said 50mph. My dad told that fools sargent that makes sure he shows up to court and the sargent replied well if he doesnt show up it gets thrown out anyways.

i dont know what to do of this.. just bought a valentine 1 right now just to be on the safe side.
Not to be a prick, and no, I havent read any of the replies, but its this elite attitude that I used to hate when I worked with a kids program for difficult teens. These pampered rich kids would complain to their parents and their parents would then either bully our program, our local County Mental Health agency, and the school disstrict that housed the program. Its amazing what the threat of a lawsuit does to integrity of any one of those agencies. They instantly cave in to the demads of the parents.

Hell man, you were speeding, just take it like a man. When I got popped a few years ago on the freeway, I knew I was speeding and I knew the cop was busing me, I pulled over and didnt even need to turn on his lights.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
You should read:

Prima Facie Speed Limits
22352. (a) The prima facie limits are as follows and shall be applicable unless changed as authorized in this code and, if so changed, only when signs have been erected giving notice thereof:

(1) Fifteen miles per hour:

(A) When traversing a railway grade crossing, if during the last 100 feet of the approach to the crossing the driver does not have a clear and unobstructed view of the crossing and of any traffic on the railway for a distance of 400 feet in both directions along the railway. This subdivision does not apply in the case of any railway grade crossing where a human flagman is on duty or a clearly visible electrical or mechanical railway crossing signal device is installed but does not then indicate the immediate approach of a railway train or car.

(B) When traversing any intersection of highways if during the last 100 feet of the driver's approach to the intersection the driver does not have a clear and unobstructed view of the intersection and of any traffic upon all of the highways entering the intersection for a distance of 100 feet along all those highways, except at an intersection protected by stop signs or yield right-of-way signs or controlled by official traffic control signals.

(C) On any alley.

(2) Twenty-five miles per hour:

(A) On any highway other than a state highway, in any business or residence district unless a different speed is determined by local authority under procedures set forth in this code.

(B) When approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof, contiguous to a highway and posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. The prima facie limit shall also apply when approaching or passing any school grounds which are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children and the highway is posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign. For purposes of this subparagraph, standard "SCHOOL" warning signs may be placed at any distance up to 500 feet away from school grounds.

(C) When passing a senior center or other facility primarily used by senior citizens, contiguous to a street other than a state highway and posted with a standard "SENIOR" warning sign. A local authority is not required to erect any sign pursuant to this paragraph until donations from private sources covering those costs are received and the local agency makes a determination that the proposed signing should be implemented. A local authority may, however, utilize any other funds available to it to pay for the erection of those signs.

(b) This section shall become operative on March 1, 2001.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22352.htm

http://helpigotaticket.com/speed/stepbystep.html

If your dad is indeed hiring a lawyer, print this out and present this to him.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #10
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
You should read:

Prima Facie Speed Limits
22352. (a) The prima facie limits are as follows and shall be applicable unless changed as authorized in this code and, if so changed, only when signs have been erected giving notice thereof:

(1) Fifteen miles per hour:

(A) When traversing a railway grade crossing, if during the last 100 feet of the approach to the crossing the driver does not have a clear and unobstructed view of the crossing and of any traffic on the railway for a distance of 400 feet in both directions along the railway. This subdivision does not apply in the case of any railway grade crossing where a human flagman is on duty or a clearly visible electrical or mechanical railway crossing signal device is installed but does not then indicate the immediate approach of a railway train or car.

(B) When traversing any intersection of highways if during the last 100 feet of the driver's approach to the intersection the driver does not have a clear and unobstructed view of the intersection and of any traffic upon all of the highways entering the intersection for a distance of 100 feet along all those highways, except at an intersection protected by stop signs or yield right-of-way signs or controlled by official traffic control signals.

(C) On any alley.

(2) Twenty-five miles per hour:

(A) On any highway other than a state highway, in any business or residence district unless a different speed is determined by local authority under procedures set forth in this code.

(B) When approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof, contiguous to a highway and posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. The prima facie limit shall also apply when approaching or passing any school grounds which are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children and the highway is posted with a standard "SCHOOL" warning sign. For purposes of this subparagraph, standard "SCHOOL" warning signs may be placed at any distance up to 500 feet away from school grounds.

(C) When passing a senior center or other facility primarily used by senior citizens, contiguous to a street other than a state highway and posted with a standard "SENIOR" warning sign. A local authority is not required to erect any sign pursuant to this paragraph until donations from private sources covering those costs are received and the local agency makes a determination that the proposed signing should be implemented. A local authority may, however, utilize any other funds available to it to pay for the erection of those signs.

(b) This section shall become operative on March 1, 2001.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22352.htm

http://helpigotaticket.com/speed/stepbystep.html

If your dad is indeed hiring a lawyer, print this out and present this to him.
will do.. nice info their buddy.. I think the cop was mainly discriminating. i think because that neighborhood is how do i put this? Methville? i live on the other side which is clean but NO one there drives anything better than a honda or toyota.. i think i was targeted because maybe i make more money a year than mr Porky? my dad even told the cop. you pull over my 21 yo son because he drives a 50k car? or what?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

If you were speeding what was the problem with the ticket? Man-up and don't blame the police for catching you, it's going to happen from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

I've gotten out of three tickets by filling a trial by declaration - two speeding and one illegal lane change. All you do is file a trial by declaration - and when they send you the paperwork plead Not Guilty. When it asks for the explanation I write "I stand by my plea of not guilty" and nothing else. Mail it on in - and a four or five weeks letter I get a letter from the court saying I was found "not guilty". The way I see it, a cop still gets paid to show up in court, but there is no way he gets paid to fill out paperwork. So when the court requests paperwork from him, and he doesn't fill it out, I am found not guilty. Ah well - either way - it works for me every time
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #13
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I've gotten out of three tickets by filling a trial by declaration - two speeding and one illegal lane change. All you do is file a trial by declaration - and when they send you the paperwork plead Not Guilty. When it asks for the explanation I write "I stand by my plea of not guilty" and nothing else. Mail it on in - and a four or five weeks letter I get a letter from the court saying I was found "not guilty". The way I see it, a cop still gets paid to show up in court, but there is no way he gets paid to fill out paperwork. So when the court requests paperwork from him, and he doesn't fill it out, I am found not guilty. Ah well - either way - it works for me every time
yeah this is typical ticket assissian(sp?) stuff.. i plan to do that anyways...

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
If you were speeding what was the problem with the ticket? Man-up and don't blame the police for catching you, it's going to happen from time to time.
You never went 5-8 miles over the speed limit on local?
LOLZ...bs...you live in San Mateo. I bet you speed on El Camino / 280 all the fuken time
      03-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

you need to learn some humility. and before you say i'm old and stupid... i'm 21 as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
TheDL
MARK IT ZERO!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I understand where this guy is coming from, as far as profiling goes, unfortunatly there isn't much you can do about it except bitch and moan, there are always going to be police that act like this. And in this case, if you were speeding and you got busted, tough luck. But, that being said...

I used to live in Newport beach on the peninsula, and it was the same thing, only the other way around. The cops tended to people over that weren't driving 50 thousand dollar imports.

I was 21, I drove a 4 cylinder tacoma at the time and it looked like complete hell, I had just come back from three months on the road in British Colombia. While I was up there my registration came up for renewal, my dad had sent me my tags in the mail, but they never made it. The truck was current, no tags, 10 dollar fix it ticket.

I was driving to work in the morning, and as I pulled into a parking spot at the local coffee shop, a cop pulled up behind me and turned on his lights.

Instead of asking for my licence and registration when he got to the window, he litterally stuck his head in and sniffed, like a fucking dog. Then he says to me "I SMELL MARIJUANA"

I was like uh, well, you are mistaken sir, I don't smoke marijana. he kinda gave me this funny look, then he told me... "I'll tell you what, if you just hand over the drugs, I'll let you go with a warning."

I was thinking what the fuck is this shit? He told me he wanted to search my truck, so I let him, I didn't have anything to hide. So he sits me on the curb in front of the coffee place, packed with people... he was looking behind the seats, taking his sweet ass time, and I finally told him, you know, how about you run my plates so that you see my truck is actually registered, and let me explain to you why I don't have a tag... he didn't say anything, just kept looking, so I just explained the situation while he was searching and told him to write me a fix it ticket so I could get to work.

finally he gave up, went back to his squad car and ran my plates.

more waiting around.

eventually he comes back over to me and says, well you should vacume out your truck because it smells like marijuana, and make sure you go by the DMV to get your tags fixed.

end of story, no fix it ticket, nothing, just wasted a half hour of my time.

looking back, there are a number of things I wish I had said or done durring the incient or, after the fact... hindsight is 20/20.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Thats interesting Ive been real lucky with CHP. They are generally much easier to deal with than local cops.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #18
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Newport cops are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDL View Post
I understand where this guy is coming from, as far as profiling goes, unfortunatly there isn't much you can do about it except bitch and moan, there are always going to be police that act like this. And in this case, if you were speeding and you got busted, tough luck. But, that being said...

I used to live in Newport beach on the peninsula, and it was the same thing, only the other way around. The cops tended to people over that weren't driving 50 thousand dollar imports.

I was 21, I drove a 4 cylinder tacoma at the time and it looked like complete hell, I had just come back from three months on the road in British Colombia. While I was up there my registration came up for renewal, my dad had sent me my tags in the mail, but they never made it. The truck was current, no tags, 10 dollar fix it ticket.

I was driving to work in the morning, and as I pulled into a parking spot at the local coffee shop, a cop pulled up behind me and turned on his lights.

Instead of asking for my licence and registration when he got to the window, he litterally stuck his head in and sniffed, like a fucking dog. Then he says to me "I SMELL MARIJUANA"

I was like uh, well, you are mistaken sir, I don't smoke marijana. he kinda gave me this funny look, then he told me... "I'll tell you what, if you just hand over the drugs, I'll let you go with a warning."

I was thinking what the fuck is this shit? He told me he wanted to search my truck, so I let him, I didn't have anything to hide. So he sits me on the curb in front of the coffee place, packed with people... he was looking behind the seats, taking his sweet ass time, and I finally told him, you know, how about you run my plates so that you see my truck is actually registered, and let me explain to you why I don't have a tag... he didn't say anything, just kept looking, so I just explained the situation while he was searching and told him to write me a fix it ticket so I could get to work.

finally he gave up, went back to his squad car and ran my plates.

more waiting around.

eventually he comes back over to me and says, well you should vacume out your truck because it smells like marijuana, and make sure you go by the DMV to get your tags fixed.

end of story, no fix it ticket, nothing, just wasted a half hour of my time.

looking back, there are a number of things I wish I had said or done durring the incient or, after the fact... hindsight is 20/20.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well.. driving down my local home road got popped in the morning for doing 48mph in a 40mph.

Now on the 13th this jackoff gets my dad for 50 in a 40mph same fuckin spot i was in.

You clearly admit that both you and your father exceeded the posted speed limit which is illegal. The CHP officer cited the both of you for doing so. I do understand that you feel angry about the ticket and that the officer may had given you a hard time about ownership of your vehicle. But when it boils down both you and your father recived citations for legitimate reasons. IMHO it's not worth arguing, but I guess your pops has the ca$h to hire some big wig attorney.
      03-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #20
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4surfah View Post
You clearly admit that both you and your father exceeded the posted speed limit which is illegal. The CHP officer cited the both of you for doing so. I do understand that you feel angry about the ticket and that the officer may had given you a hard time about ownership of your vehicle. But when it boils down both you and your father recived citations for legitimate reasons. IMHO it's not worth arguing, but I guess your pops has the ca$h to hire some big wig attorney.
he told my dad he pulled ME over because i had no plates.. the car is friggin new.. how the hell can i have plates?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #21
335i SH
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i SP Gray/Black

Quote:
he told my dad he pulled ME over because i had no plates.. the car is friggin new.. how the hell can i have plates?
How the hell is the LEO supposed to know it's a new car until he gets you stopped?
Obey the posted speed limit, and all the other traffic laws, and you won't get cited.
Man up! Pay the fine and lose the attitude.

FWIW - On any dealings with Law Enforcement Officers, attitude and showing respect for authority goes a long way.
      03-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep

i didnt show him any attitude i know better than that. also the car still has dealer tags and the front window sticker.. i even showed him the bill of sale. the car wasnt even a month old.
Appreciate 0