E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PCD with the SS-TT please HELP!

09-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

PCD with the SS-TT please HELP!

I just ordered the SS-TT for my 335xi.

Now I have a case of Post Cognitive Dissonance. Please help a fellow poster out. Let me put it this way: if the gent who switched out his entire exhaust, dropped in the PRO, is looking at an intercooler and the bottle is a 10, I'm about a 2. So:

1. This is an easy in and easy out mod. Unplug it - for whatever reason - and I'm back to stock, no harm no foul. (I'm definitely going to take it out for winter and service visits).

2. It's a conservative HP increase - well within the engineering tolerances of a well engineered engine and drivetrain. Heck BMW probably dialed it back as much Im going to gain for product placement reasons.

3. I'm going to love my car even more than I do now. I friggen LOVE my car. I can expect my 1/4 mi time to improve by as much as a .5 sec - especially with higher octane fuel. Apart from that - even driving it around town - my smile's going to widen.

Believe me, I read all the threads - I am just looking for some reassurance.

And this one questions I do not think has been covered:

1. Will fuel economy improving when not trouncing it like has been claimed for the PROcede. I'm guessing no. Perhaps this is an advantage that the Black Pro. will have once it's out?

Thanks in advance. You guys are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Sparkplug check your PM
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Thanks Brisk!

I'm hoping it gets here early next week and then I'll report back. I've run the 1/4 a few times at the track plus I have a FX-1 to run a comparo. I'm a little skittish about adding torque to the xDrive components but, at the same time, pretty pumped about adding torque to the xDrive components
Appreciate 0