E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Which is better suited for HK roads? M3 or S5?

08-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #45
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
That brit magazine CAR I think did a long and detailed comparison between the M3 GTS and Porsche GT2, and despite the better performance of GT2, actually choose the M3 GTS for it's greater accessiblity while the GT2 will punish those who aren't the top expert drivers.

Personally, while track times is important and fun to lower, above all, driving pleasure is what matter to me. There will always be drivers with cars faster or slower then you. What matters to me is that the car overall is great to drive and is accessible. Some of those supercars are incredibly fast of course with 200mph+ top speed but are those cars also really that fun to drive and sit in? Don't get me wrong, I would'nt mind having one if I has the $$$, but the bulk of my time is spent on driving in real world of public roads, and that level of daily accessbility is important. And so far the M3 (or maybe the S5 for HK) fits the bill for me nicely. That is, until the RS5 comes out, I would love to have a chance to test drive that.
Hey Bro, I heard you loud and clear.......I had personal experience to drive my College Buddy's 964 Turbo which he modded with Racing Cluth, big turbos and etc.....That thing was purely for the track and I was getting my pants sweat in entering the Cross harbor Tunnel with the racing cluth's distance was short and the traffic was normal (Jam even at 12:00 midnight).....I remembered that afternoon, it was my first time live experience popped up with the intention to leave the car and then, walk for the tunnel instead!!

All in all, no matter yr future car will be M3 or S5...have fun with it and what makes the money spent in a wise way is how you enjoying what you owned rather than sitting in yr car but dreaming of one day in joining those Super Car Club with yr toy which equivalient for a middle class 700 Sq.ft apartment's value to let it running on the road even it rains dogs and cats!!
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #46
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Freak View Post
Hey Bro, I heard you loud and clear.......I had personal experience to drive my College Buddy's 964 Turbo which he modded with Racing Cluth, big turbos and etc.....That thing was purely for the track and I was getting my pants sweat in entering the Cross harbor Tunnel with the racing cluth's distance was short and the traffic was normal (Jam even at 12:00 midnight).....I remembered that afternoon, it was my first time live experience popped up with the intention to leave the car and then, walk for the tunnel instead!!

All in all, no matter yr future car will be M3 or S5...have fun with it and what makes the money spent in a wise way is how you enjoying what you owned rather than sitting in yr car but dreaming of one day in joining those Super Car Club with yr toy which equivalient for a middle class 700 Sq.ft apartment's value to let it running on the road even it rains dogs and cats!!
just like the dude in fifth gear that owns a MC12 and drove it on a track filled with snow, slipped, loose control and the rear hit the fence, and he just laughed and carried on! respect to him
Appreciate 0