E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbo upgrades updated

09-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #133
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
Vishnu has the tuning covered already and Tony is in talks with them, so tuning is not a problem at all. Plumbing is the challenge.

Tony, comparing the compressor maps of gtx vs gt-series the advantage is in the area of the high pressure ratios. Supporting the high boost at N54 cr requires high octane + cooling. 4 meth nozzles and loads of e85 can do the trick. Procedeflash and the upgraded lpfp will provide all the fuel you need. I hope all goes well and gt(x) twins will be among the feasible good options. You talk about gtx2863r. How about gtx2860r?
Hey man posted this on the other site, not sure you saw it. The great thing about using the GT / GTX package is, I am going to offer multiple variations of the stage 3 all using the same package. So you want a middle of the road set up go with the GTX2863 they are claimed by garrett to support 425 each. You want quicker spool and less power go with the smaller GTX2860 400 each, or go with the biggest set up the GTX2867 they support 475 each. I will also be offering 3 options in the straight GT series with no billet wheel for a reduced price. So basically you will have 6 options and they all are exactly the same size package wise, just the internals change. Makes for a very flexible system, because not everyone has the same goals.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #134
King mode
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturbo42 View Post
Hey man posted this on the other site, not sure you saw it. The great thing about using the GT / GTX package is, I am going to offer multiple variations of the stage 3 all using the same package. So you want a middle of the road set up go with the GTX2863 they are claimed by garrett to support 425 each. You want quicker spool and less power go with the smaller GTX2860 400 each, or go with the biggest set up the GTX2867 they support 475 each. I will also be offering 3 options in the straight GT series with no billet wheel for a reduced price. So basically you will have 6 options and they all are exactly the same size package wise, just the internals change. Makes for a very flexible system, because not everyone has the same goals.
Tony

That is fantastic. I've seen in person a b5 s4 dyno 707awhp with twin Gt's so i think we will see some big numbers with the n54 esp rwhp. Any thought of a single option down the road? You could be the king of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #135
stg3MB335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 single T 62/62 6spd 335i

looks great, Only thing that sucks in my opinion is the fact that the twins have to be internally waste gated, One of the biggest reasons i bought the single 62/62 is because its running a 44mm external, and when you hit boost with an external waste gate, the noise of god happens, haha, and someone wrote that shiv dyno'd 620-630 rwhp with the single but was pushing the fuel system, that wasn't the case, from what i know, the reason he stopped at 630rwhp on the youtube video is due to the fact that he didnt have the 3 bar map sensor, so he couldnt go over 22.5 psi. and the fact that he wasnt sure what the motor could take, he did say for sure that i could get 750 rwhp out of my 62/62 kit with no problem, as long as i didnt mind risking what the motor could handle. But congrats on the twin setup in progress, stage 3 looks awesomeee, wish the best of luck!
Appreciate 0