E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Questions about ProTool DSC coding options

04-29-2024, 03:14 PM   #1
MidWillamette335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Questions about ProTool DSC coding options

I was poking around in ProTool under some various setting in the DSC menu. A few caught my eye and wanted to know if anybody had any insight as to what these actually do. The first is the “Maximum engine power”. It's at 17 which is the factory setting apparently, however it goes to 18, then there is a prompt for I think custom coding where 19 would be. Is this a limiter of some sort? On the other pic (with the volume bar) the two settings here are the acceleration rate targets. I did not enter these menus, but can these be manipulated for quicker acceleration, or are they perhaps inhibiting something?
Kinda one of the reasons I ask is cause my D mode seems to lag a bit. My tranny is good, no codes ever, and the fluids, seals/sleeves, pan/filter, solenoids have been replaced in the last 15k, fill rates and pressures in spec. My S mode on the other hand shifts perfect, linear throughout my pedal input...it just shifts a bit high for my driving style. I was actually flashing a new softer S mode map with XHP when I decided to poke around in PT and found these options. Anyway, it may be nothing but if anybody can elaborate on what these change exactly (and maybe how) that would be great, thanks...D
Attached Images