E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aftermarket AMP with SUB on e91... pics

01-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #67
2lits
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Your problem is that you are inputting a high level signal into your amp low level signal-only inputs.
Thanks will try this...and post back here if it solve my problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #68
chaz58
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328iT

Kudos for a nice write up and great information. Love having a sub in my blue wagon!

Before doing this install, I recommend reading the SUB install PDF from bavariansoundwerks (bsw).

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...m-E90-E91-E92/ (click the "install info" tab and open up the PDF file).

It is very detailed and has great info that complements what is above (and answers some of the questions people have been asking).

I did the install as described in post #1, and find that there is very little signal going to the sub; As mentioned, turning the gain all the way up is required to get any sound out of the sub. It works OK, but is not optimum solution.

My next step - try splicing into the wires BSW uses for an input signal.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 05:22 AM   #69
wurz154
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d touring

Latest Update

Hi there,
I just finished latest sub upgrade, improving the bass rsponse by adding Dynamat all over the left side of the trunk, behind the sub, and covering the inside space with 1" acoustic foam.
I decided to change the grill into a modified one colored and glued behind the carpet.
To do so I needed a shallow mount sub, and while I was searching and deciding which one would fit my needs (best option was MB Quart RSH-252), I ended up finding one on eBay, which is unique, never gone in production.
Result is still impressive for not using a box, however having the whole trunk for my family needs is a must, and a box is not an option.
Cheers
Max
Attached Images

Appreciate 0