E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > The Game Changer: new v3 Demo maps 12-15 now online

12-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #89
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
i know this is OT, but if i just have DCI...should i stick to stage0? figured your inbox must be crazy loaded. thank you.
teri
You have PM
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #90
adrock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [9.58]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Wow Shiv! Just loaded this up and went for a test run. My tires are pissed off right now! This map throws some serious tq down quick. The only down side is like others have said, first gear seems pretty much useless (10" wide tires in the back, and they struggled to grip even with a rolling start) granted it is 20 degrees here and slightly wet, but I know how the car drove before this map, and it feels like a night and day difference. I was having some problems with the first torque targeting map, and it turned out to be that the lag fix does not like my altitude, but all that seems to be worked out now! Cant wait for the final release!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #91
brusso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92

I think I was lucky tonight .... I just loaded up the stage 2 map and ran through 2nd from a roll with no traction problems. The roads are dry and its 50F out right now. I didn't even try 1st because I know it's pointless. Hopefully it will stay dry tomorrow and I can go for a nice drive.
Feels good Shiv
Keep em coming !
      12-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #92
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

so unlike many of you unlucky guys out there, im in hawaii and no rain clouds in site! it was 86* today where i was testing and i all i gotta say is damn...
first thing i did was turn off the traction control and floor it in 2nd going ~40mph...body wasn't expecting the rush so my neck had to work a little harder to keep my head straight up. every time after i ran through a gear or two i found myself saying, "geez, this is ridiculous", but i can't help but want more. shifts is where i really love it, feels just like a NA car does when you shift, very sure of itself and direct. consistency is also a huge improvement over the last maps. even though its 86* my car reaches 100 quicker than when its ~65* with the older maps and over and over again. this is just pure fun to drive especially in the turns!!! i'll be putting on my dp's again sometime soon so i can't wait!!
i have a base e90 6mt with AFE DCI running on stage0...i will go to stage1 later. i also put 245/40/17 potenza RE-01R on stock rims. awesome tires, but they still can't keep traction in 1st and when shifting into 2nd...prior, it wasn't too bad, but now its bad. i predict these tires wont last long. unless im deaf, when i'm rolling from a 40 or so, traction doesn't seem to be an issue..well at least i can't hear tires screaming, and these tires make alot of noise when they slip.

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #93
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
so unlike many of you unlucky guys out there, im in hawaii and no rain clouds in site! it was 86* today where i was testing and i all i gotta say is damn...
first thing i did was turn off the traction control and floor it in 2nd going ~40mph...body wasn't expecting the rush so my neck had to work a little harder to keep my head straight up. every time after i ran through a gear or two i found myself saying, "geez, this is ridiculous", but i can't help but want more. shifts is where i really love it, feels just like a NA car does when you shift, very sure of itself and direct. consistency is also a huge improvement over the last maps. even though its 86* my car reaches 100 quicker than when its ~65* with the older maps and over and over again. this is just pure fun to drive especially in the turns!!! i'll be putting on my dp's again sometime soon so i can't wait!!
i have a base e90 6mt with AFE DCI running on stage0...i will go to stage1 later. i also put 245/40/17 potenza RE-01R on stock rims. awesome tires, but they still can't keep traction in 1st and when shifting into 2nd...prior, it wasn't too bad, but now its bad. i predict these tires wont last long. unless im deaf, when i'm rolling from a 40 or so, traction doesn't seem to be an issue..well at least i can't hear tires screaming, and these tires make alot of noise when they slip.

teri
Sure rub it in that u have nice weather, while we hear on the East Coast is dealing with nothing but rain/sleet/snow and a balmy 32 degrees, even or even less!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #94
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
*see below...I title it, "yum"...*

Name:  IMG_0213 copy.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  160.5 KB

Man, I wonder how the procede would do in this weather??
      12-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #95
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Just drove 30mi on the new firmware/stage0 MT map, transitioning from the 11/14 non-Doomsday. Roads were slick in places and light rain falling, so couldn't due too much WOT in the low gears. However:
- the additional, more responsive, power down low (real low, like just above idle) is nice, and probably unprecedented. Gets your attention.
- A bunch of 3rd to 4th gear pulls, from 5K-7K, arrived noticeably faster.
- The car responds differently, like it's breathing better somehow. May change the fuel consumption somewhat?
- No limps.
- Not going back to previous firmware/map.
Guess that battery charging helped?

Glad to see you got it going in the end. I kept my phone with me just in case...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #96
pikkashoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo4u2 View Post
*see below...I title it, "yum"...*

Attachment 211950

Man, I wonder how the procede would do in this weather??
Now that is cool.
      12-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #97
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Anyone drag-raced against an older map?

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #98
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforge View Post
I've been running this map all day and I have to be honest I'm not sure what all the excitement is about. There's nothing wrong with it but there isn't as much power across the board. I could easily break the rear end loose from a stop with the 11-14 map. Can't spin the tires at all now. Granted I went from non-doomsday to doomsday. Throttle response is nice and all - feels like it might be a little sharper, but the low end grunt is not there. Maybe it simply hasn't adapted. I didn't get a limp mode as was mentioned in the notes.
Make sure you have the right firmware loaded.... Reflash the firmware, reload the map.....

I had a similar experience in the past, loaded a map about 6 months ago, and the comments here didn't match my experience.... I finally just reflashed and reloaded and it was night and day, with the same map i had tried the last time.... I think I must have screwed up the first time somehow..... hit the wrong firmware file or something.. i dunno...

This demo map feels great...... best one so far... at least to me....
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #99
techforge
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
Make sure you have the right firmware loaded.... Reflash the firmware, reload the map.....

I had a similar experience in the past, loaded a map about 6 months ago, and the comments here didn't match my experience.... I finally just reflashed and reloaded and it was night and day, with the same map i had tried the last time.... I think I must have screwed up the first time somehow..... hit the wrong firmware file or something.. i dunno...

This demo map feels great...... best one so far... at least to me....
I reloaded the firmware and map just for good measure this morning. I got a limp mode on the highway which went away pretty quickly. I made about 7 1/4 mile runs on my deserted stretch of closed highway and this map is unquestionably slower than the 11-14 map I was running. 0-60 dropped from a best of 4.43 to 4.67 and 1/4 from a best of 12.97 @ 109 to 13.43 @ 107. It is 70F here today though, and I think it was around 50F when I made my best runs with the 11-14 maps.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #100
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
I reloaded the firmware and map just for good measure this morning. I got a limp mode on the highway which went away pretty quickly. I made about 7 1/4 mile runs on my deserted stretch of closed highway and this map is unquestionably slower than the 11-14 map I was running. 0-60 dropped from a best of 4.43 to 4.67 and 1/4 from a best of 12.97 @ 109 to 13.43 @ 107. It is 70F here today though, and I think it was around 50F when I made my best runs with the 11-14 maps.
Something is definitely not right. Do you have a boost gauge? What pressure are you seeing? Are you leaving the traction control ON during your timed runs? Is it flashing?

shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #101
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I got a chance to hammer it today. The car just seems to pull with ease. My first run(2nd-4th) saw a max of 14.3 psi. My gauge generally reads ~.3 psi higher than the PROcede software. After literally 7 consecutive pulls(2nd-4th), I saw a max of 15.2psi. It was ~43 degrees out. I assume the boost raised up a little due to AIT compensation. The throttle seemed easier to modulate too. I had to drive in the snow last night, still on summer tires, and I had no issues with traction when pulling off. If this is really just a demo, I can't imagine what the complete map will be like. Also, if I didn't know this was DD map, I'd never even think it. Good job Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #102
techforge
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Something is definitely not right. Do you have a boost gauge? What pressure are you seeing? Are you leaving the traction control ON during your timed runs? Is it flashing?

shiv
No boost gauge, and I take traction control off when I do timed runs. I went out and tried to do a few more 1/4 runs and I've had 3 limp modes when I hit about 90-95mph under WOT. Can't complete the runs. I guess it's having trouble adapting, or I'm getting that misfire issue again. I have a 600 mile drive coming up this weekend so I think I'll go back to the 11-14 maps for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #103
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No boost gauge, and I take traction control off when I do timed runs. I went out and tried to do a few more 1/4 runs and I've had 3 limp modes when I hit about 90-95mph under WOT. Can't complete the runs. I guess it's having trouble adapting, or I'm getting that misfire issue again. I have a 600 mile drive coming up this weekend so I think I'll go back to the 11-14 maps for the time being.
I don't think it has anything to do with adaptation. Sometime is wrong. I'd be curious to see if the problem goes away when you put the old map it. I don't think it will. If it doesn't, there's a good chance you have a boost leak somewhere in your system. That would cause the repeatable limp at high RPM. As well as reduce power.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #104
techforge
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think it has anything to do with adaptation. Sometime is wrong. I'd be curious to see if the problem goes away when you put the old map it. I don't think it will. If it doesn't, there's a good chance you have a boost leak somewhere in your system. That would cause the repeatable limp at high RPM. As well as reduce power.

Shiv
That may be the problem, although I've been running it hard since I put the 11-14 map in and it never gave trouble. I just reloaded the 11-14 but the damn rain is back so I can't test it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #105
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That may be the problem, although I've been running it hard since I put the 11-14 map in and it never gave trouble. I just reloaded the 11-14 but the damn rain is back so I can't test it.
With the new demo maps, you will be making boost in conditions you were never able to make boost in before. And boost rise will be quicker as well. This is why users are noticing more bypass valve noise. It could also create a leak that wasn't there before (if a hose was loose prior). The limps suggest that something is not mechanically correct. And the slower-than-before performance supports that as well. Should be easy enough to find and correct though.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #106
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

loaded up the stage1 last night..this is so sweet. im anxious to see what the production batch of non-doomsday maps will be like! its just simply amazinig. especially that annoying "dead spot" i was getting after i shifted into third quickly when driving hard. all gone!

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #107
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
loaded up the stage1 last night..this is so sweet. im anxious to see what the production batch of non-doomsday maps will be like! its just simply amazinig. especially that annoying "dead spot" i was getting after i shifted into third quickly when driving hard. all gone!

teri
I loaded up stage 1 today. I only did 2nd through 3rd pulls but I could tell a bit of a difference. Feels strong. My 2nd to 3rd shifts have me concerned though.......I can't tell if my clutch was slipping or if I was losing traction I really hope its the later and it will be fine in dryer conditions.

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #108
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

Ahh man where the hell have I been? I'll download them tonight and hopefully I'll give it a good test run tomorrow. We've had a huge snow storm the past few days. Over 20" of snow within 24hrs. The latest private beta maps were excellent. A lot of power down low, the car is a completely different beast and it is always great to break loose all 4 tires with very little effort. This was DD stg 2 maps.

I don't know what to even expect with these new maps, but I will say... Great job Shiv!
      12-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #109
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
hee heee
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #110
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
hee heee
Shiv, can you actually reply to my email!?