E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Lessons Learned

09-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
froalskiner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Lessons Learned

There are a lot of PersonX is a scammer because they never sent my rims/intake/suspension/t-shirt...Company Y has poor customer service because I installed the widget a few months ago and it never worked right so I want my money back...they won't respond to me....blah blah blah

So here are my lessons learned from reading the posts in this vendor feedback forum...
  1. Always use a Credit Card if you are buying something expensive
  2. Only use PayPal if you are dealing with an individual and don't care if you are scammed
  3. If you are buying something with a high dollar amount, use a CC and get a tracking # from UPS or Fedex within a day. Don't buy ANYTHING if it's expensive and can't be tracked.
  4. Do your homework and look up the reputations of the companies or individuals you are working with.
  5. Try to work out your issue first with the vendor instead of just blasting them here if you don't get your way
  6. Pick up the PHONE and CALL the vendor if you have a problem
  7. Don't wait months to let the vendor know there is a problem.
  8. If you do run into a problem that can't be resolved
  9. Don't be a jackass...if you are being a shitty consumer and waiting months go by to let the vendor know there is an issue, it's your fault...crying here will only make you look like a jackass for not resolving the issue when it could have been resolved earlier
  10. If it sounds too good to be true, it is
Appreciate 0