E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Cold Start Misfires..again

12-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Neeko335
Rep
Drives: 335i

Cold Start Misfires..again

Last year as the weather started cooling off, I started the car one day to several codes. 30bb, multiple misfires all on bank 2. Dealer replaced 3 injectors (bank 2), DME and coil on Cylinder 5 (plugs had just been changed before the issue started). Got the car back and everything ran fine for a year...until the cold weather came back.

The issue only appears when the temperature is below 0 Celcius. After a couple minutes everything levels out and the car runs fine. Sometimes restarting the car also clears the issue up.

Timeline of what I've tried so far:
- Car threw misfire cylinder 4 codes
- Replaced Coil in Cylinder 4, cleared codes. Next cold day, now misfiring on Cylinder 4 and 6.
- Moved coils from cyl 4 and 6 to cyl 1 and 3. Clear codes, now only misfiring on Cyl 4 again.
- Had VANOS code 2a7c once earlier this year, but it hasn't re-appeared. I read that some folks had misfires from the VANOS, so I changed the Intake Selenoid. Cleared codes, adapations and reset throttle adaptations.

I've since removed JB4 just in case, but I have data logs from both BT and JB4. From the JB4 logging it looks like there is something odd with IgnAdv and the fact that it seems to go quite lean before levelling out again. My challenge with the BT cable is I'm not sure if I'm logging the relevant values. I added whatever I could find from the lambda and injector values and used references from Bank 1 injectors.

As previously noted, the plugs are just over a year old, the injectors from the problematic bank were changed by the dealer and the coils were moved with no improvement.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated or if I should provide other logs, let me know. Both the JB4 and BT logs are in the zip file.

Thanks guys!
Nick
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (34.7 KB, 45 views)
Appreciate 0