E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question about Rotor / Warranty

05-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
canusaybimmy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black 2018 M4

Question about Rotor / Warranty

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi,

Car is around 16000 kilometres. Switched back to summer rims last week and noticed my front right rotor has a pretty deep scratch around the middle top of the rotor...all the way around the rotor. It's as if there is a rock or something stuck between the brake pad and rotor - not sure if that's a normal occurrence or not but that's what it looks like.

Probably going to drop by the dealer this weekend to get it checked out. Is this a big issue? I don't want it to get worse so thought it's best to have them take a look.

Think I want that rotor replaced as the scratch is getting pretty deep. Anyone else ever have this issue? Experiences?

"When I'm sick...I just stop being sick and be awesome instead...True Story."
Twitter: @Efrtls | Instagram: Efrtls
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
It's not a big issue, i wouldn't worry about it. Now it depends on the rotor thickness to determine if it needs replacing or not. And I'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't cover it, it's part that has wear just like the brake pads.
Appreciate 0