Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Stretched Toyo TR-1 - Pics?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
DISCOtecizzz
Rolling Plants/Building Racecars
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI

Stretched Toyo TR-1 - Pics?

So I have 255/30 Toyo TR-1 on a 10" wheel right now.
I was recommended a 235/30 for that same wheel.

I want to see if anyone has a photo of the stretch with a 235/30 TR-1 on a 10" wide wheel?
      09-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

T1R 235.30 is a rare tire, they are crap for stretching in the fitment world. Known for its $ price tag and grippy performance aspects. Which is why no one uses them for aesthetics. They work on for minor aggressive fit with -2 camber due to their rounded side wall and narrow section widths so its applicable for some setups.

235.30 on a 10 will gap, leaving you a wide fender/tire gap unless you run -4 more camber with an aggressive drop (more than normal) to make it look good. Keep in mind the only reason we go wide/poke is to use a widest possible tire while stretching to avoid the fenders as needed. I would run a 245.30 where as i would run a 225.35 in the past.

heres some 235.30 on a 10 for you, it worked for my buddy's setup cause hes on -3.8 on stiff spring rates. Those quarters represents the gap, filling in that gap with extra contact patch/tire while still maintaining adequate stretch to clear would be goal.
Attached Images

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
DISCOtecizzz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
T1R 235.30 is a rare tire, they are crap for stretching in the fitment world. Known for its $ price tag and grippy performance aspects. Which is why no one uses them for aesthetics. They work on for minor aggressive fit with -2 camber due to their rounded side wall and narrow section widths so its applicable for some setups.

235.30 on a 10 will gap, leaving you a wide fender/tire gap unless you run -4 more camber with an aggressive drop (more than normal) to make it look good. Keep in mind the only reason we go wide/poke is to use a widest possible tire while stretching to avoid the fenders as needed. I would run a 245.30 where as i would run a 225.35 in the past.

heres some 235.30 on a 10 for you, it worked for my buddy's setup cause hes on -3.8 on stiff spring rates. Those quarters represents the gap, filling in that gap with extra contact patch/tire while still maintaining adequate stretch to clear would be goal.
Thanks for the reply Tee! I knew you'd know what'sup.

So, ideally, you're saying ditch the Toyos in favor of what?
I needa buy all 4 new tires anyway, so that's not a problem.

You're saying if I went with Toyos, to go with a 245/30?
But with other brands a 235/30?
      09-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
#Tee
Major General
Rep

Run anything else but a falkens/toyos. Any of these brands will stretch nicely wide while run truer section widths..generals/kumho/achilles/federals/handcocks/yoko. Ive used and known others that ran those brands and have success with them. yoko iirc makes a 245.30 and i forget rear specs youre running?

Keep in mind all of those tire brand ive listed above are proven. They do the job for a bargain price. NEVER had a bead pop no side wall bubble/blisters. You can mix and match need it be in the future. But yoko s drive makes 245.30 and 275.30 to match. The stretch/match ratio would be very close too.

edit the photo above is a 18x10 on a 235.30 which is even more rare.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
DISCOtecizzz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Run anything else but a falkens/toyos. Any of these brands will stretch nicely wide while run truer section widths..generals/kumho/achilles/federals/handcocks/yoko. Ive used and known others that ran those brands and have success with them. yoko iirc makes a 245.30 and i forget rear specs youre running?

Keep in mind all of those tire brand ive listed above are proven. They do the job for a bargain price. NEVER had a bead pop no side wall bubble/blisters. You can mix and match need it be in the future. But yoko s drive makes 245.30 and 275.30 to match. The stretch/match ratio would be very close too.

edit the photo above is a 18x10 on a 235.30 which is even more rare.
Ok, cool.

You recommended
F: 19x10" with a 235/30
R: 19x12 with a 265/30

Price really isn't an issue as far as tires. I only drive the car in the summer anyway.
      09-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
#Tee
Major General
Rep

What was your offset and final camber again? ive talked to at least 5 guys going 12's so im all confused lol

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
DISCOtecizzz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What was your offset and final camber again? ive talked to at least 5 guys going 12's so im all confused lol
Haha I totally understand. You're the stance guru on here.

F: 19x10 +12 with a 235/30
R: 19x12 +35 with a 265/30

Also, why haven't I seen your car on like StanceNation an stuff?
It's the only REAL stanced e92 I've seen. They'd eat it up.
      09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
#Tee
Major General
Rep

ah ok run a 245.30 a 265.30 with roll, 275.30 shaved @ -2.5 all around. (12mm poke f/r)

Whips n chocolate ask me to do a feature for them but im lazy or lost desire for internet props perse. Armands red wbk mr2 was a product of my vision and i live thru his fame. That autocon parking alot was the closest to a photoshoot ive came across and i didnt even know that guy at the time lol. He added me on fb and sent me the pix (very nice of him). I just get my attention fix from driving around and feeling great helping you guys here thru pm's.

Just keep in mind whips n chocolate/stanceworks go for quality and stance nation and others just go for quantity. They just take anything thats low with some stretch, where camber/stretch/front/rear drop match rake is non existent.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
DISCOtecizzz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ah ok run a 245.30 a 265.30 with roll, 275.30 shaved @ -2.5 all around. (12mm poke f/r)

Whips n chocolate ask me to do a feature for them but im lazy or lost desire for internet props perse. Armands red wbk mr2 was a product of my vision and i live thru his fame. That autocon parking alot was the closest to a photoshoot ive came across and i didnt even know that guy at the time lol. He added me on fb and sent me the pix (very nice of him). I just get my attention fix from driving around and feeling great helping you guys here thru pm's.

Just keep in mind whips n chocolate/stanceworks go for quality and stance nation and others just go for quantity. They just take anything thats low with some stretch, where camber/stretch/front/rear drop match rake is non existent.
Ok, thanks man. Much appreciated.

Totally understand. You have an amazing car though man - Absolutely beautiful. When I get back out to LA this winter I'll hit you up and maybe snap some pics. Hopefully I'll have my setup almost complete.

Yeah, I meant StanceWorks. They're features are always better quality cars.

Thanks again man, you're the best.
      09-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
T1R 235.30 is a rare tire, they are crap for stretching in the fitment world. Known for its $ price tag and grippy performance aspects. Which is why no one uses them for aesthetics.

If you plan on going into fitment, you'll go through a lot of tires. That being said, I wouldn't recommend buying expensive sticky tires since they'll get used up fairly quickly. A lot of the time it's trial and error since different brands fit differently.