E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Met Police Force...at work

07-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Met Police Force...at work

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2012827.html
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
E90Faraon
Just another guy. . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328xi

Wow that's just crazy ! Not only you're on a public area, you're only 16 yrs old and no one around tried to speak up on your behalf. . . .Taking advantage of using their authority for no reason. . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
They should have locked the dirty pervert up and thrown away the key.
      07-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
lol....ur such a clown Will!...

I bet if it was you holding the camera, you would have chickened out and say...."sorry officer, i'm so sorry I won't do it again...."

The kid got balls to stand up for his/ our rights!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
lol....ur such a clown Will!...

I bet if it was you holding the camera, you would have chickened out and say...."sorry officer, i'm so sorry I won't do it again...."

The kid got balls to stand up for his/ our rights!!!
Kev, I'd rip his head off and shit down his neck, then do him up the arse with his own truncheon.
      07-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
LOL.....glad to hear this....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sounds like a cocky little Tw*t - but the coppers sounds like jobsworths who don't even know there basic public information/law...............
      07-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Fuck the Police.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Great thread. That policeman is an arrogant arsehole and he personifies the reason why the police are systematically losing the respect of the very people they 'police'. To attempt to use terrorism laws to detain him is an absolute disgrace. Completely shameful.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
chris330D
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Good to see the police protecting the general public from such an obvious threat
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Great thread. That policeman is an arrogant arsehole and he personifies the reason why the police are systematically losing the respect of the very people they 'police'. To attempt to use terrorism laws to detain him is an absolute disgrace. Completely shameful.
Sweeping generalisation I know but it has to be said that coppers are a bunch of fucking wankers.

They abuse the position of authority they are in regularly and when it actually comes down to doing some real policing they don't want to know.

It wouldnt surprise me if they're all as bent as a nine bob note, especially in London.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I worked in IT for West Yorkshire Police and I can confirm the names of about ten who were fucking each others wives and countless more racist, sexist and otherwise morally corrupt (I won't though).

To be fair though, sending nice emails doesn't flag up on Mailsweeper so I guess there are a few who don't too...

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm over one hundred thousand officers in the Uk and when one does something newsworthy all coppers are wankers. Yes he looks to be a bit of a knob (Im not sure because like you lot I havent seen the actual facts), I have known a few idiots in the force myself but I also know plenty of plumbers, electricians, businessmen, actors, and bmw drivers who are complete twats. It dont make all of them such though does it????????
On the other side I know a hell of a lot of officers who are committed to the job and who I have personally seen putting others first. One of my colleagues was beaten almost to death with a hammer while trying to protect a young football fan from a crowd of opposing fans. Two others were killed, one shot by the IRA and the other gunned down in cold blood by an armed robber who had shot him and then casually walked over and shot him again in the face while he lay disabled on the floor.
Over 4000 of them have lost their lives in the line of duty since 1829.
Maybe they were all wankers as well?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonicdriver View Post
MMMMmmmmmmmmmm over one hundred thousand officers in the Uk and when one does something newsworthy all coppers are wankers. Yes he looks to be a bit of a knob (Im not sure because like you lot I havent seen the actual facts), I have known a few idiots in the force myself but I also know plenty of plumbers, electricians, businessmen, actors, and bmw drivers who are complete twats. It dont make all of them such though does it????????
On the other side I know a hell of a lot of officers who are committed to the job and who I have personally seen putting others first. One of my colleagues was beaten almost to death with a hammer while trying to protect a young football fan from a crowd of opposing fans. Two others were killed, one shot by the IRA and the other gunned down in cold blood by an armed robber who had shot him and then casually walked over and shot him again in the face while he lay disabled on the floor.
Over 4000 of them have lost their lives in the line of duty since 1829.
Maybe they were all wankers as well?
As always, there are two sides to every story.

I think I have made my view sort of clear, which is a lot like the above really... A percentage of everyone, in every profession, are wankers.

Of the 4000 that have lost their lives, a percentage were probably killed because they were involved in something they shouldn't have been.

I don't doubt your a good guy and your mates too, I'm especially sad to hear you have lost people you knew. On the other hand, this article could be more about the fact that police quality is undoubtedly going down.

The level of literacy amongst police is minimal, the level of commitment too. Policing is not the 24x7 vocation that it once was and many clock off without giving a fuck what happens five mins after their shift.

I left because I became so, so disillusioned with the bitching, backstabbing, beaurocracy and bullshit because WYP was an unhealthy place for progressive and modern thinking.

Just my thoughts. As I said, two sides to every story and I don't blame you for defending your choice and your mates.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #15
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
As always, there are two sides to every story.

I think I have made my view sort of clear, which is a lot like the above really... A percentage of everyone, in every profession, are wankers.

Of the 4000 that have lost their lives, a percentage were probably killed because they were involved in something they shouldn't have been.

I don't doubt your a good guy and your mates too, I'm especially sad to hear you have lost people you knew. On the other hand, this article could be more about the fact that police quality is undoubtedly going down.

The level of literacy amongst police is minimal, the level of commitment too. Policing is not the 24x7 vocation that it once was and many clock off without giving a fuck what happens five mins after their shift.

I left because I became so, so disillusioned with the bitching, backstabbing, beaurocracy and bullshit because WYP was an unhealthy place for progressive and modern thinking.

Just my thoughts. As I said, two sides to every story and I don't blame you for defending your choice and your mates.

Matt
How long did you serve Matt?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Bout 30 months mate!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

I think you just need to listen to the ACPO, they absolutely hate the idea of local accountability and the policy of locally elected sheriffs. They come out with bollocks about loss of 'operational independence', 'they' appear to dislike the idea of being told what to do, and what to prioritise, by local people. Too many like to play politics and political correctness - usually leaning to the left - The Met appear to be the worse perpetrators.

If they were prioritised to tackle anti-social behaviour and low level crime as vociferously as they currently tackle motoring 'crimes' they may well regain the respect of the local populace. A dose of 'common sense' policing and the ability to sensibly show discretion (at the Sergeant and Inspector level), instead of arbitrarily chasing targets and persuing every minor reported misdemeanour as if it were the Brinks Mat robbery is exactly what is needed.

Having said that, there will be plenty of exceptionally professional coppers out there who do the job for precisely the right reasons.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I would tend to agree with all the positive points made re the police but, although having little personal experience, I am concerned at the severe shift of power without control that appears to be happening with regard to the police.

It's not so much the foot soldiers but more the bureaucracy behind them. A bureaucracy's first job is to protect itself and all the rights and privileges it has - and those further that it can gather to itself. This is an unfortunate consequence of living in a society where civil servant is semantically equivalent to civil master.

There are not enough controls on the powers that the state has given itself. If great power is given a body, the law should provide for grave consequences when that power is abused. (Note that I didn't say "if").

On the surface of it, it would appear that the cadet adult officer started it all for his own - presumeably personal reasons - and the police officers backed him up and got themselves into a jam. The cops clearly expected the little boy ('cos that's how they will have regarded him) to move on and do what he was told instantly - regardless of their legal power to do so.

The thing that appalls me is that the young man was completely powerless to prevent the cops from doing what they wanted to do - even though it appears to have been outwith their powers. If he had raised his voice too much, sworn, or pushed back when pushed - bang! instant arrest. It is so one sided and it's all very well claiming that redress can be sought later -and I'm not thinking of the photographer just now, but the damage is done and the brutal lesson for joe public is that he doesn't matter - and this is supposed to be a free democracy.

Hah!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Too many like to play politics and political correctness - usually leaning to the left - The Met appear to be the worse perpetrators.
It's often the case that I find myself agreeing with much...but not all...of what you say Peter, but I do like the way you always manage to mention 'THE LEFT!' True Blue, as you have often stated! Fascists was the word often chanted about the police back in the day...Used as a weapon by Thatcher and her bully boys to beat down any resistance to her drive for a 'better' Britain! Maybe things haven't changes so much...

All down to interpretation of course! BTW, this is a totally lighthearted observation and not a dig at you Can't be arsed to argue politics. It's too pointless

I've encountered the bully and the decent copper and most of the time the decent ones have come through. Just my personal experience.

RockIt!

Last edited by RockIt; 07-02-2010 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #20
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
It's not politics, it's about power.

Would those officers have reacted in the same way if it hadn't been a schoolboy but a 50 year old senior Q.C. practicing his amateur photography?

No. Because the cop would have realised that the Q.C. could have caused him more grief than he was prepared to handle.

Or if it was a judge or similar person with a bit of power and authority?

Take it further, let's say it was a 16 year old and his 50 year old dad turned up and dad was a joiner. Probably would have become even nastier as a joiner wouldn't count in the cops eyes. But let's say the dad was that Q.C. or a judge?

Like I said, if something goes awry like the example above, Joe Public has no chance - and that's what I hate about this "civilised country."
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
some interesting points...love to read well written and constructed arguments :-) bit of a change from the "one of the world's fastest diesel thread" LOL

I don't doubt you're a good cop Teutonicdriver but so far I've been in England for nearly 10 years now and have been "in contact" with the London Metropolitan Police on a number of occassions, and it hasn't been that great...

I've been stopped by unmarked and marked police cars 4 times so far...and the reason they stopped me was because I was driving ...hmmm...lets say ...passionately....The officers were polite but firm. Didn't get any tickets but got told off...and I think its been a very good approach and I believe it does help to keep discipline on the roads...much better than these stupid speed cameras that doesn't prevent dangerous driving...In my case, I do admit my driving was a tiny bit reckless on those occassions...But the officers were polite and courteous ( one of them started asking me about the car, is it tuned? how much bhp etc....lol...was really cool) but on some occassions, I was just stopped for no reason and they said it was a random stop and search...

Unfortunately, on some other occassions, when my mate got involved in a minor collision with another car, the officers were complete arrogant C*NTS...using excessive force and aggressive attitude. They were actually the ones causing public disorder!!! and creating drama!...just like in that video!....My mate wanted to obtain the other driver's details and insurance and for some unknown reason, the police were treating him like he's the world's most violent criminal!!! My mate was calm and didn't have any aggressive body/verbal language ...yet they were holding on his shirt and pushing him away!!!>....And one officers mumbled "chinks" ( Now, I don't mind these racial/ racist terms, when I speak to my black and asian friends, i use them and they use it aswell...) But when a police officer who uses it in a derogatory way, it really pisses me off.....so had to write a lil rant to the IPC and hopefully those tw*ts got disciplined!....

Another occassion, was when traffic officers "blocked" a nearby street and When I asked politely "is there anythign wrong officer"? ...I got told in a very aggressive manner to "turn around and find another way"...and the retarded female officer said, "there is traffic waiting behind you, so you should'nt be stopping, move NOW"

I've stopped because you've blocked and closed that road, u stupid retarded b*tch...and go learn some manners and don't act so hard when you're not!....strip your clothes off and you're just a smelly fanny....just like every other p*$$y!.....so stop ur feminist bullshit, and trying to act hard because u wear a uniform and love the feeling of power and authority ur getting from it...(obviously, i didn't say that to her...)

And there was the time when an uninsured driver hit my TTS and when chavs broke my wooden fence...the great police force were too busy with.......I duno... chasing 16 year old journalists? stopping BMW drivers? and when I see all these crimes on the newspaper...I wonder what the hell is the police doing?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

If they were prioritised to tackle anti-social behaviour and low level crime as vociferously as they currently tackle motoring 'crimes' they may well regain the respect of the local populace. A dose of 'common sense' policing and the ability to sensibly show discretion (at the Sergeant and Inspector level),

Plus 1 million!!!

exactly!!!!
Appreciate 0