E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Vorsteiner e92 Future Progress...

03-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Smile Vorsteiner e92 Future Progress...

for the e92 vorsteiner has many things for us but what interests me and questions me the most is the following:

1. Trunk (On Sale)
2. Possible Stick On Finned C/F Diffuser (Non Quad) (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...40#post2341140)
3. Possible Vorsteiner Full Replacement M Rear Bumper W/ C/F Finned Diffuser (Non Quad)
4. Vorsteiner Full Replacement M Front Bumper W/ C/F Splitters

the front and rear bumpers would either a) be fully c/f or b) have only the necessary fin and splitters c/f and rest whatever they use to keep costs down.

if items 2-4 got into production, it will complete the vorsteiner look for the e92 and would look hell better then the oem m kit. so im wondering if these will get made, in process, etc.

for those of you who are confused imagine the oem m front bumper in 100% carbon fiber with splitters and the rear bumper being also 100% carbon fiber with a fined diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

1 is definitely not happening, atleast not for a while. Demand for the trunk is very high right now with just the e92 328/335's and it will only grow higher as people take delivery of the e92 m3 and want the CSL style trunk.

2 is already in the process. Longs diffuser was actually made to fit the OEM dual setup. The quad version i guess was not ready yet so he got the dual setup and custom trimmed it to fit the quads.

3 and 4 is probably going to happen sooner or later down the line. I remember reading something from Vorsteiner posting on m3 post saying they will be making add on lips as well as full bumper replacements for the e92 m3. Im sure if they see enough interest, they will do the same for the non M e92's.
      03-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

after thinking about it a bit more

if vorsteiner made a c/f finned diffuser for use with the oem m rear bumper that too would be great.

as for the front im not a fan of the add on splitters, it has to be a full c/f replacement.

so if they can just make the diffuser for oem rear and a full c/f oem front bumper replica with splitters that would be amazing...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:15 AM   #4
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
after thinking about it a bit more

if vorsteiner made a c/f finned diffuser for use with the oem m rear bumper that too would be great.

as for the front im not a fan of the add on splitters, it has to be a full c/f replacement.

so if they can just make the diffuser for oem rear and a full c/f oem front bumper replica with splitters that would be amazing...
and why would they make replica lol...not like their stuff is cheap
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
and why would they make replica lol...not like their stuff is cheap
i know their stuff isn't cheap and by replica i don't mean cheap. just make the same in 100% c/f with the splitters so everything is one piece.

the diffuser for the oem m rear is a must i believe.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
i know their stuff isn't cheap and by replica i don't mean cheap. just make the same in 100% c/f with the splitters so everything is one piece.

the diffuser for the oem m rear is a must i believe.
I'm pretty sure there won't be enough demand for a complete CF bumper, might have a chance with the M3 crowd. If they gonna make a bumper it won't be replica for sure, they made the CSL bumper b/c there's no way to get a oem one w/o CSL VIN.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:31 AM   #7
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there won't be enough demand for a complete CF bumper, might have a chance with the M3 crowd. If they gonna make a bumper it won't be replica for sure, they made the CSL bumper b/c there's no way to get a oem one w/o CSL VIN.
the concept of getting not being able to get oem csl parts without the vin is whack. they will actually stretch it further by having you show some type of evidence of ownership as well, so just a vin won't do, but still getting oem is pretty simple you know the right people, myself included.

more info on that here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=101635

the vorsteiner m3 is the same as the oem csl. maybe the inlet tube is different in diameter but w/e. i just call them replicas lol. what does replica stand for on here just a cheaper version of something? so what would something like this be called where you make it look exactly the same in different material and sell it lol.

for those who already have the m front and others will be attracted to a full c/f m front bumper with splitters.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
the concept of getting not being able to get oem csl parts without the vin is whack. they will actually stretch it further by having you show some type of evidence of ownership as well, so just a vin won't do, but still getting oem is pretty simple you know the right people, myself included.

more info on that here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=101635

the vorsteiner m3 is the same as the oem csl. maybe the inlet tube is different in diameter but w/e. i just call them replicas lol. what does replica stand for on here just a cheaper version of something? so what would something like this be called where you make it look exactly the same in different material and sell it lol.

for those who already have the m front and others will be attracted to a full c/f m front bumper with splitters.
Again, i don't see vorsteiner coming out with a M-tech replica for non-M E9x, even with integrated splitter. It's deffinitely a possibility for the M3 once the CSL version comes out. 335i is not as performance oriented, so it's hard to find people willing to pay 2k+ for a replacement CF bumper. Thanks for the info on CSL parts though.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, i don't see vorsteiner coming out with a M-tech replica for non-M E9x, even with integrated splitter. It's deffinitely a possibility for the M3 once the CSL version comes out. 335i is not as performance oriented, so it's hard to find people willing to pay 2k+ for a replacement CF bumper. Thanks for the info on CSL parts though.
darn...the front w/ splitters is so and the if they were to make it for the m3 it wouldn't even fit 335i from the fenderwell difference.

the rear c/f diffuser for use with oem m rear bumper should def be a plan though.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

These are some good suggestions. I will forward this thread over to the designers at Vorsteiner to give them some inspiration. We'll have a new diffuser for the E92 Mtech kit at bimmerfest along with the new vented hood. We will also debut the new 3 piece tri color forged wheel line.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
These are some good suggestions. I will forward this thread over to the designers at Vorsteiner to give them some inspiration. We'll have a new diffuser for the E92 Mtech kit at bimmerfest along with the new vented hood. We will also debut the new 3 piece tri color forged wheel line.
waiting for pricing for the diffuser that Long has...should be released next week right?

btw how do you like the trunk on my car?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

what about e90 csl trunk? they would sell like hotcakes
      04-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
waiting for pricing for the diffuser that Long has...should be released next week right?

btw how do you like the trunk on my car?
Diffuser pricing will be available in May.

Trunk looks great, really flows well on your car
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaznumkay View Post
what about e90 csl trunk? they would sell like hotcakes
That is in the works.
Appreciate 0