E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Replaced HFPF - Now have 0 boost? Thoughts?

06-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
dhahlen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3

Replaced HFPF - Now have 0 boost? Thoughts?

Replaced my HPFP after getting the relevant codes, stumbling, limp mode, etc.

For reference:

335i
139k Miles
Automatic
Original Turbos
Original CP
Original DV
Original Solenoids
Injectors done at 90k

I've been gathering all parts recently to swap to a new set of turbos, VSRF Charge Pipe with Tial BOV, New boost solenoids, etc.

I replaced the HFPF and the car runs / drives normal, except I get 0 boost. I have a Cobb I've been running since 2011 on the 'Drive' map, so it's relatively low boost. I look at the Boost Error log and it's showing 13psi.

Things I've checked:

-CP to TB
-CP to Intercooler Junction
-Vacuum Line on Intake Manifold
-Diverter Valves in Charge Pipe
-Checked CP for split/cracks
-Cleaned DV Connections, CP Connection to TB and IC Junction
-Checked all visible vacuum lines / hoses to TB, CP, Solenoids.

You'd typically hear a whistle with a boost leak or a loud leaking of air when driving around with the window down. I don't hear any of it.

I suspect that perhaps my solenoids (connected to passenger side of engine block) have taken a dump, but there isn't a relevant code. Since I'm planning on replacing the stuff in the near future, I figure it'll become apparent on tear down. However, I'd like to have some level of boost before I get around to it, which is likely another 3-6 weeks.

Turbos were boosting fine prior to the HPFP replacement, wondering if there is a vacuum line or something I missed under the manifold that would be causing a massive leak. Idle is normal, drivability is fine, just 0 psi on boost.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
dhahlen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=169

Problem / solution here
Appreciate 0