E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > FS: Wheels, grill, and whatever else I find

10-28-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
almcbs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i & FD RX7

Cleaning out the garage since I will be moving soon. A couple parts I have Laying around.

E90 Lci chrome grill - $25
Factory charge pipe - $20
Partially finished side trunk sub box. Initial mold in complete, just needs more fiberglass reinforcement and connections. - $50
Bmw style 189 wheels. Can take a picture of each wheel if need be and 3 of 4 tires are down to the wear bar - $350
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
almcbs
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here is a picture of the sub enclosure I did before this one to give an idea of what it could look like
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Wilkz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: n/a

what woofer size is the enclosure? and how much work would it be for someone who doesn't really mess around with fiberglass and molds? i'm possibly looking to get one soon but i've never molded anything or used fiberglass
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
almcbs
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkz View Post
what woofer size is the enclosure? and how much work would it be for someone who doesn't really mess around with fiberglass and molds? i'm possibly looking to get one soon but i've never molded anything or used fiberglass
Whatever size you want it to be. The rest of the steps aren't overly difficult, the hardest part i would say is cutting out the subwoofer rings, which in itself isn't really that hard. Whatever subwoofer you buy will come with dimensions and a layout for the size ring that it needs. You can either get some wood and cut it yourself or just take it by any audio shop and they should be able to cut it for you.

The rest of the steps aren't hard. I'd say making the mold (what i already done) is the hardest. Here is a quick run down.
  • put more fiber glass through the whole part the strengthen the part overall
  • cut the subwoofer rings out of some wood
  • figure out how you want the sub to sit and use some wooden dowels with hot glue to hold the sub ring in place where you want the sub to sit.
  • wrap the whole part is some cloth/fleece material and glue to the backside.
  • Add fiberglass to the top of the fleece and around back where it connects with the mold.
  • wrap the whole part is whatever fabric you want (preferably one that matches your interior)

There is other little steps you could do to improve int he quality of the finished product but this will get it to the state that mine is at. Honestly, it is a pretty fun and easy project to do especially for someone who will be using fiberglass for the first time.

If you decide you want it, I can better walk you through the steps and even possibly give you a hand when you do it if you aren't to far. Oh and for reference, I have a 10" sub in mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
almcbs
First Lieutenant
Rep

Some one come get this stuff before it gets tossed out
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #6
almcbs
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here are more pics of the wheels. Only two of the wheels have a small bit of rash which I tried to get in the picture.
The wheels are dirty, I have no running water in my garage to clean them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0