E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Keep the Procede piggyback or toss?

07-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 6MT

Keep the Procede piggyback or toss?

I am new to the E90/N54 community as I purchased my 335 a month or so ago. I accidentally came across the fact my car has a Vishnu Procede piggyback I haven't been able to contact the previous owner to get details on the piggyback.

I did some research and it seems the Procede has gone the way of the DODO and Shiv has left the e90 scene all together.

This brings me to my current dilemma... I do plan on doing a few basic modifications, downpipes, intercooler, charge pipes ect.

Do I keep the Procede piggyboy and continue with mods and use the maps loaded on the piggyback. Or do I scrap it and get a JB4/MHD?

I have also read you can use the Procede and backflash with the MHD. does anyone have any input on this? Or any advice on which is the best path to head down if I plan on doing further modification.

Keeping the Procede would be nice in the saving money department, but if it is going to cause difficulties or become a pain in the ass down the road...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
addictedtoboost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalOptional View Post
I am new to the E90/N54 community as I purchased my 335 a month or so ago. I accidentally came across the fact my car has a Vishnu Procede piggyback I haven't been able to contact the previous owner to get details on the piggyback.

I did some research and it seems the Procede has gone the way of the DODO and Shiv has left the e90 scene all together.

This brings me to my current dilemma... I do plan on doing a few basic modifications, downpipes, intercooler, charge pipes ect.

Do I keep the Procede piggyboy and continue with mods and use the maps loaded on the piggyback. Or do I scrap it and get a JB4/MHD?

I have also read you can use the Procede and backflash with the MHD. does anyone have any input on this? Or any advice on which is the best path to head down if I plan on doing further modification.

Keeping the Procede would be nice in the saving money department, but if it is going to cause difficulties or become a pain in the ass down the road...

Thanks in advance.
MHD, no need for anything else.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpaula View Post
+1
+2 toss that shit from 2009 it has had no support or improvements in a long long time - MHD is the way to go and cheap to boot!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:06 AM   #4
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep

I’m just curious if it will be acceptable, I don’t plan on going big big power. Just a few mods. I don’t know much about the procede.... clearly....

From what I have been reading it seemed like it was pretty top notch back in 2010 lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 05:21 AM   #5
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
I don’t know much about it, but I don’t see how it would cause issues to keep it and see how it works for you. You can always switch to mhd in the future. It would be good to get some logs with mhd to see how well the procede tune is working. I think mhd will catch logs for you for free or with just a base license (~$50). You’ll also need an android device to load the software on and a cable to connect from the device to the car. Most people seem to recommend the bimmergeeks cable over the cheaper ones on amazon...but this is mainly for reliability while flashing.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
I don’t know much about it, but I don’t see how it would cause issues to keep it and see how it works for you. You can always switch to mhd in the future. It would be good to get some logs with mhd to see how well the procede tune is working. I think mhd will catch logs for you for free or with just a base license (~$50). You’ll also need an android device to load the software on and a cable to connect from the device to the car. Most people seem to recommend the bimmergeeks cable over the cheaper ones on amazon...but this is mainly for reliability while flashing.
I can log with the Procede, just need to get a serial to USB, which should be easy enough, just have to raid any early 2000's printer lol. Strangely the car was on a base stock map (map 0). Map 1 on the procede is just a 93 octane tune as far as I know. I'm going to read a little further and fill er up with some 94 and give it a go.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #7
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep

I guess its an autotune map, so it reaches a max boost setting that is safe for the temp and fuel conditions. That's pretty awesome actually.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I understand wanting to save a buck by keeping the procede, but it is outdated technology for our platform. Once you try out mhd flash and notice just how much smoother it drives, you won't look back.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #9
twinscrolled
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Dude just get rid of it before you fuck your shit up.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #10
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep

Maybe I’ll keep it just for meth injection and grab a MHD.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #11
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Maybe I’ll keep it just for meth injection and grab a MHD.
That's what I do......but once you flash an MHD map you have to zero out the procede tuning tables in order to prevent conflicts with the MHD flash tables.

However, as many have stated.....the procede is just another layer of circuits and wires that adds unnecessary complication over a simpler and more direct flash solution via MHD.

The ONLY reason I still run it is for meth control only.

There is absolutely ZERO support for the Procede and unless you know your way around the procede software and tuning table values, you are going to get frustrated trying to marry it to a backend MHD flash.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #12
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

I remember when PROcede cost $1495! Save that thing for a museum.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
SignalOptional
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
That's what I do......but once you flash an MHD map you have to zero out the procede tuning tables in order to prevent conflicts with the MHD flash tables.

However, as many have stated.....the procede is just another layer of circuits and wires that adds unnecessary complication over a simpler and more direct flash solution via MHD.

The ONLY reason I still run it is for meth control only.

There is absolutely ZERO support for the Procede and unless you know your way around the procede software and tuning table values, you are going to get frustrated trying to marry it to a backend MHD flash.
So just toss the PROcede into "valet" mode (map 0) flash with the MHD and retain the procede for the meth functionality and meth functionality alone?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 12:40 AM   #14
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
So just toss the PROcede into "valet" mode (map 0) flash with the MHD and retain the procede for the meth functionality and meth functionality alone?
Yes you can flash an MHD map with procede on map 0......
But meth functions will not work on map 0. Needs to be on map 2 or map 4. Procede has to be active in order to manage meth.
Appreciate 0