E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > pthomas1984 - AVOID this scammer

02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

pthomas1984 - AVOID this scammer

I purchased a D-SLR camera that pthomas1984 had listed for sale on the Mid-Atlantic regional forums (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798559) . While he was driving up to Centreville (the city where I was supposed to meet him), he sends me a text message saying that he forgot the USB cable. I asked him if he would mind mailing it to me when he got home and he agreed to do so without any hesitation.

Once I met him in person, I made sure that he was OK with sending me the cable in the mail. He assured me that it would be no problem and asked me to text him my address, which I did promptly after giving him cash for the camera.

The following day, I sent him a text message kindly asking him if he had remembered to mail me the USB cable. No response. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and waited until the next day to send him another message, to which I received no response. I sent him a PM, as he was online browsing e90post, also to which I received response.

Rapidly losing hope, I sent him another text message asking him to just tell me whether or not he still planned to send me the USB cable so that I could order one myself if he decided to go back on his word. You guessed it, no response.

Bottom line: this guy is a piece of shit. He got his money, and now can't be bothered to keep his word about sending me a $4 USB cable. It's not about the cable, it's not about the money, it's about this guy lying to and dicking over a member of the community. Avoid doing business with him at all costs.
      02-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
it's not the money its the principle! There's always one of these asshats every once in a while. Sorry bro. I'd recommend just getting the cable through amazon.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

+1. My dad used to say "A man's word is his bond". Apparently that and people's work ethic are pretty much non-existant anymore.

Sort of get the impression that he "found" the camera though, hence the lack of cable, and failure to communicate afterwards....
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

Wait, you bought the camera on Friday and two days later you're calling him a scammer because he hasn't sent you the $4 USB cable yet?
      02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJtoad View Post
Wait, you bought the camera on Friday and two days later you're calling him a scammer because he hasn't sent you the $4 USB cable yet?
He's blatantly ignoring my text messages and PMs. I can see that he's online browsing the forums and I can see that he's read my messages, via i-message.

Please read the post more thoroughly before you try to shit on my point. Thanks.
      02-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkmann View Post
He's blatantly ignoring my text messages and PMs. I can see that he's online browsing the forums and I can see that he's read my messages, via i-message.

Please read the post more thoroughly before you try to shit on my point. Thanks.
Oh, I read your post quite thoroughly. He sold and delivered to you a nice camera kit for a very good price, but because he hasn't responded to your messages for 48 hours with a status of the missing $3 USB cable, you decide to spam this forum with multiple posts about him being a scammer.
      02-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

The dude who sold the camera to him just had a newborn. I wonder if OP feels like shit now for 3 bucks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post13496892
      02-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richurd View Post
The dude who sold the camera to him just had a newborn. I wonder if OP feels like shit now for 3 bucks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post13496892
Open mouth insert foot. If you bought the camera and the cord was missing just take $10 off sale price.
Appreciate 0