E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Its Official, Unofficially, a 335i

03-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

Its Official, Unofficially, a 335i

I finally De-Badged today...

AHHHHHHH........Feels good to be naked...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

What? Post pics or you actually removed the //M badge you put on earlier
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

^lol
      03-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
so you removed a silly badge and feel the need to announce it to the world with no pix? thats just awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

seriously??
      03-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
serge_chez
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i E90

without pictures, this is something you post on Facebook or Twitter.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep

For gods sake, I dont have time to take a pic, download it and post it...

Cheap plastic emblem, you would think they would at least be chrome...LOL

My wife said what badge, I said the the 335i that was right there on the trunk, she said there is nothing there, I said I know I took it off, and she said why, I said it looks better, she said better than what, I said then having a 335i there, and she said what 335i, I said the the 335i I removed from the trunk, and she said why did I put it there, I said I didnt put it there, the factory put it there, and she said how much does it cost, and I said the the lettering or the car, she said what lettering, I said the 335i, she said those are numbers, not letters, I said thay are numbers and letters, and they dont cost anything, they are plastic, and she said why would BMW use plastic, I said its cheaper than chrome, she said if it was chrome would you keep it on there, and I said no, I would still take it off, and she said why, they would be expensive, and I said I dont want the numbers and lettering as it looks cleaner, and with M3 lip spoiler even better, and she said how did you take them off, and I said with Goo Gone, dental floss and a hairdryer, and she said why a hair dryer and I said to make it easier to pull them off the adhesive, and she said why dental floss, I said to get them off the adhesive between the paint the plastic, and she said how much would a dealer charge to do that, and I said well it took 30 minutes to remove, clean, polish and wax, and they get $90 a hour, so $45 I guess, and she said good, I just bought a new scarf and felt guilty, thanks darling.

ayyayyy ayyyy

Last edited by RaceBlood; 03-19-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Ha, nice race
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBlood View Post

My wife said what badge, I said the the 335i that was right there on the trunk, she said there is nothing there, I said I know I took it off, and she said why, I said it looks better, she said better than what, I said then having a 335i there, and she said what 335i, I said the the 335i I removed from the trunk, and she said why did I put it there, I said I didnt put it there, the factory put it there, and she said how much does it cost, and I said the the lettering or the car, she said what lettering, I said the 335i, she said those are numbers, not letters, I said thay are numbers and letters, and they dont cost anything, they are plastic, and she said why would BMW use plastic, I said its cheaper than chrome, she said if it was chrome would you keep it on there, and I said no, I would still take it off, and she said why, they would be expensive, and I said I dont want the numbers and lettering as it looks cleaner, and with M3 lip spoiler even better, and she said how did you take them off, and I said with Goo Gone, dental floss and a hairdryer, and she said why a hair dryer and I said to make it easier to pull them off the adhesive, and she said why dental floss, I said to get them off the adhesive between the paint the plastic, and she said how much would a dealer charge to do that, and I said well it took 30 minutes to remove, clean, polish and wax, and they get $90 a hour, so $45 I guess, and she said good, I just bought a new scarf and felt guilty, thanks darling.

ayyayyy ayyyy

Taking a picture, downloading it, and posting it would have been waaaaaaay faster than typing this!! LOL, but it sounds like the same convo I'd have with my wife after I showed her. Please post a pic when u get time, I have considered it as well sometimes... most of the cars here in Germany don't have badges anyway... mine is US Spec tho
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i

Quote:

ayyayyy ayyyy
longest run-on sentence ever.

congrats
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
troye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black E93

Race, CLASSIC convo with the wife! I can see my wife and I having the same discussion. Sounds like a comedy routine
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:

ayyayyy ayyyy
Wow I would have slapped her if she asked so many questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
nice! people might think you have an m3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
335Newbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E92

Quote:

ayyayyy ayyyy
Structurely the sentence may need work. The humor however is priceless. Thanks for the yuks.
      03-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

good job! i debadged when i first bought my car
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
Philz BMW
Slow rollin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i koop

Quote:

ayyayyy ayyyy

Classic! So true.

Business: BMW 328i Coupe
Pleasure: Ducati 1098S
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Sounds like an everyday convo with my GF... LOL how did you manage to keep cool and answer all the questions.. what's the secret?

Quote:

ayyayyy ayyyy
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep

My wife is Chinese, questions to my answers are the norm.....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

You know your thread sucks when a declarative statement about you debadging turns into one about your wife being dumb about cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #20
bluefly
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i + NB miata

OP - that was hilarious to read... comedy script I could "hear and see" thanks to the breathless run-on sentence. Good save on the missing pic.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep

My wife knows nothing about cars, but has 3 degrees, a MBA, CFA...dumb, hardly...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
Philz BMW
Slow rollin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i koop

Quote:
My wife knows nothing about cars, but has 3 degrees, a MBA, CFA...dumb, hardly...
I'm sure she is smart!

not related to her though....

Degrees however (IMO), are not an indication of having common sense, or being able to appear smart, or even function in the real world without looking like a tool. I recently sat and listened to a guest speaker who had a few Graduate degrees, and I believe 2 or 3 post graduate degrees. The guy was a tool, after a few minutes of listening to his nonsense I wanted to pimp slap him. He was a professor at some college somewhere...

Just goes to show: B students work for C students, A students teach.

I learned that when I got my Graduate degree

I DO believe degrees open many doors that would otherwise be closed. Lots of dudes with nothing but a high school diploma, who talk sh*t about not needing a degree...barely scraping by working crap jobs.

Business: BMW 328i Coupe
Pleasure: Ducati 1098S
Appreciate 0