E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Is there an I-Drive Map legend/map key?

04-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
NMS335
NA Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Is there an I-Drive Map legend/map key?

Hey guys, does an Idrive map symbol key exist? I have a symbol that is all over the map everywhere I go on my Idrive, its a blue, almost explosion like icon. I cant figure out exactly what it is and it seems to be sparatically placed in random places all over the country. I have searched, but lack of knowing the correct search terms for this left me empty handed. Any help you guys could give would be awesome.

Thanks,
Nick

"Ex Vi Termini : With Strength Comes Limits"
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
MMachines
BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2006 4Runner

In my experience they're a bunch of icons relating to some POI you've searched for in the past. I don't find it helpful, but you can turn those of. I just can't remember the exact function. I think it's maybe the one under "stop assistance" when on the nav screen.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
jeffers82
Mater Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blue

Pull up the map on the left of the screen. When you see the icons on the left in white there is the letter i. Select that and it turns on and off the POI icons. Or you can go into the information section and select hide map icons. I think that is how you do it I dont have the car in front of me but try that.
Appreciate 0