E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > What Is The Best Rear View Camera Option For Dynavin D99 Units.?????

02-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 323I.

What Is The Best Rear View Camera Option For Dynavin D99 Units.?????

Hi i just ordered my dynavin d99 today, and i also want to get my rear view camera working.. so what kind of cameras are u guys go for? i got some from ebay with really low prices, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAR-REAR-VIEW...item4cfb222ffd
but the problem is that i have the led license plate light, and they are really bright. if i installed the camrea, there would be only one side is bright and the other side is dark. So i find something like this.. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Car-Reverse-C...ht_3250wt_1139

this one has higher price, does anybody using this one? hows this one?

thank you.. or do i have any other options?? thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

i was in the same boat and bought both.

I bought the plate light replacement camera. I have led plate lights as well and it looked horrible and there was no way to get the lights to match and look good. So i ended up buying the trunk handle cam.

Trunk handle cam takes care of the lights not matching part. It was a very tight fit to get it in the car, and you have to hack it up a little to get the trunk release button to work properly.

Over all the camera is good, just takes a little work to get it to fit and work correctly.
      02-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 323I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post

I bought the plate light replacement camera. I have led plate lights as well and it looked horrible and there was no way to get the lights to match and look good. So i ended up buying the trunk handle cam.

Trunk handle cam takes care of the lights not matching part. It was a very tight fit to get it in the car, and you have to hack it up a little to get the trunk release button to work properly.

Over all the camera is good, just takes a little work to get it to fit and work correctly.

Thanks man, i order the Trunk handle cam today, hope it will works fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post

do you have a pic of the plate light camera? Is it something that we can replace the bulb on?? The price difference between the plate light camera and the trunk handle camera seems to be quite a lot (almost 5 x as much $$)
Appreciate 0