Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > First maintenance

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Darryl79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330i

First maintenance

Well, the day has come. I've had the car a tad over a month and I am bringing it in to get a wheel alignment done. The car has RFTs on them, and it tends to track with the road grooves. It has almost 14900 miles so far. The SA claims it has never been done so hopefully it will help. The car runs smooth on the highway, but on the bad roads here in town it's all over the place. Typical behavior of RFTs? He's going to check the tread depth and see what life the tires (Bridgestone Potenzas) have left in them.

Also, he's getting the TSB for the Battery cable recall fix done under warranty, so that's a plus.

He quoted me $380 for the wheel alignment here in Honolulu Omg. That seems almost double from what some of the California guys are paying!

Do all you 335 guys get yours done at the BMW dealer, or do you go to the Wheel & Tire Specific shops?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
$380 sounds crazy. How much is a loaf of bread in Hawaii?.

I go to a tire store with a Hunter machine. Never had a problem. Some places give free alignment checks and can tell you if alignment is the issue.

Sounds like your are tramlining. Try increasing tire pressure, it might help it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Ditch the RFT's ASAP
Screw the dealership for an alignment, that's way to much
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
Ditch the RFT's ASAP
Screw the dealership for an alignment, that's way to much
This is all that needs to be said.
      04-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Darryl79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330i

Thanks guys. Yes, I plan to ditch these RFT's. I stupidly bought the wheel/tire insurance, because we are ridden with pot holes. Oh how gullible I am.. The damage has been done and I'm now $387.00 poorer but my car drives nicer! lol Lesson learned...
Appreciate 0