E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N52 over heating badly

11-22-2019, 05:23 AM   #1
maser346
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
N52 over heating badly

Hi, I have a 2007 BMW 328i and I've recently been having a terrible overheating problem where it can only idol for about 15 min before limp mode turns on and my oil temperature gauge gets to about 230-250. Its the same while driving, maybe even worse.

I have a brand new water pump as well as a brand new thermostat and the fan works fine. the coolant level is where it should be and I don't see any indication of oil in the coolant. I really haven't been able to find anything else here that has this scenario with a new water pump and it still over heats this quickly.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 07:06 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Welcome to the forum. You really need to give some history about the car for any of us to try and help determine what the problem may be. History is maintenance, how long you've owned it, how many miles are on the car, etc.

What tests have you've performed? What codes have been read? Etc.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
maser346
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Thanks for the response, I have just gotten it back from a shop that did a lot of electrical work they replaced a lot of things that were worn for the mileage which is about 130k but nothing that would really pertain to the cooling system. I've owned the car for almost 2 years and I have installed the ESS pro-charger into it and other than that everything else is stock.
With my OBD II reader I couldn't find any codes but since my last post I did find the water pump is not actually working but i can get it to run at 100% or not at all. It's almost like it needs a controller to regulate its speed? I found a regulator but its about $250 and if there is another way to get it working I would rather do that.
Appreciate 0