E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > HELP!: Suspension Problem SoCal Mechanic Assistance Requested

04-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Exclamation HELP!: Suspension Problem SoCal Mechanic Assistance Requested

Alright. . . Where to begin. I'm probably going to get a lot a crap for this but please try to be understanding.
So a couple nights ago i was driving around about 3am (after 4+ nights of getting no sleep at all, I have pretty bad insomnia sometimes) and when i was entering the freeway going about 50+ I blacked out.
I really don't remember much all i know is i was fine one second and the next i was jumping the center island. I continued to drive me car home because i only live like 5 miles from the accident and the car seemed okay to drive for that short of a distance.
I knew something was wrong with it because it was pulling a bit, shaking, and almost felt like a flat tire but no TPMS warning.
So when i got home i sat in my car for about 2 hours not wanting to get out and look at the damage because i expected it to look horrible. Well when i finally did i was pleased to see there was no cosmetic damage at all other than to the wheels. Both driver side wheels have pretty bad curb rash, the rear one looks awful but that was the least of my worries.
Unforunately i did notice my rear wheel wasn't aligned properly.
If you look directly at my rear wheel its pushed in on your left and sticking out on the right(if the wheel were a clock, 9 o'clock woud be pushed in 3 o'clock would be pushed out)
I'm not sure what the actual problem is. . . I don't think it's the rim thats bent. Maybe an Axel. . . Arm. . . I don't know. Sorry, completely ignorant when it comes to fixing cars.

I know this is going to cost a fortune to repair so i'm looking here first.
I know there's tons or SoCal members on this forum that are amazing with cars and was hoping someone would have some idea what is wrong with it and be able to help me fix it.
It seems most people here are amazing at modding and upgrading cars and that sort of thing but i'm sure someone has to know something about repairs!
I tried taking some pictures but in the pictures you cant really see any problem. I almost looks normal.

So any ideas here? Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.

BTW:
I live in Huntington Beach right down the street from the Bbq meet on April 20 at WheelPower so if anyone is going to be in the area. . . that'd be amazing!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

ouch i am sorry to hear that.. but i do not know anything about cars like that.. hope you can find someone to help you out.. best of luck~!
      04-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #3
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Yeah me too!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
simpleE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

ok i had a jeep a few years back that was t-boned. when the cops looked at the scene and did there little work they told me to drive off because my car was perfect. the lady hit my wheel not body on the t bone. but right when i started my car the senior cops ran up to me and told me to get out and i couldnt drive my car. i guess when he looked at my car from the back the side that was hit was pused in and the other tire was pushed out.

when u stood directly behind my car and lined up the wheel with the fender and the left wheel was pused in and the right way pushed out.

i had it towed to the show through insurance. keep in mind this was a 1999 jeep and the year was 2003.

the shop came back with almost 5k in damages

the axle was busted. everything inside the axle was busted. the shocks everything needed to be redone.

not to scare u but i think thats what happen with ur car. dont drive it and take it to a body/ mechanic shop and get them too look at it or make a insurance claim.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Damn. . . Well i hope it isn't that servere. I dont think it is. Like i said i can still drive it. I drove it like 60 miles before i even realized it was really damaged.
Appreciate 0