E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car damaged by bswcautosecurity Wolverhampton

07-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Silverbmw328
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3

Car damaged by bswcautosecurity Wolverhampton

I had bswaoutsecurity fit my immobiliser two weeks ago, the immobiliser went in and is working fine apart from leaving crap all over the inside but it wasn't until they left I notice that that scratched fcuk out of my side skirt. I called them and they asked me to send them some photos which I did. I got a response back saying that it had been passed on to the Director who would contact me direct. This was two weeks ago. They are now ignoring all contact and wont return my calls.

What can I do ?

E28 528i (86)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
If they won't return your calls, you'll have to go to them. But, I'm not too sure on how you stand with the damage, you didn't see it until you had left their premises and I'd imagine they will be within their rights to say it could have happened after you left their premises.

I'd go down and see them and try and be calm about it, ask to see who ever has been dealing with your situation, put your view across and see how it goes from there. Try and find out where you stand legally before you go and see them, better to have the facts before hand.

Goodluck
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk 330d View Post
I'm not too sure on how you stand with the damage, you didn't see it until you had left their premises and I'd imagine they will be within their rights to say it could have happened after you left their premises.
I'd say the same - except by playing silent for such a period of time, they've shot themselves in the foot - had they taken the stance of "didn't happen here" from day one they'd be in a far stronger position.

However, their silence/refusal to return telephone calls suggests they know they're bang to rights - a straight refusal of liability on day one would have been a much stronger statement - acting as they are says to me says to me that they're hoping you'll just fuck off.

Get in their face - go to the premises, refuse to leave until you get to speak to someone sufficiently empowered to make a decision and, more importantly, sign a cheque.

Good luck.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Get into their premises and make some noise. They won't like that at all, especially not if you take some boys round.

Matt
Appreciate 0