E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V2's Settings adjusted again

02-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

KW V2's Settings adjusted again

My current mods, other than the KWs, are a rear HR sway bar, Rear 15mm spacers, Pirelli P Zero Neros and I am still on my 18s.

I really got sick of the minor rubbing in the rear since I changed my tires from the run flats so i decided to max everything out and turn the settings up to the hardest one from being 4 clicks away on the front/rears.

The ride is a bit harsh, as my noggin still needs to get used to the very firm ride. it actually reminds me of a go kart and how it reacts to steering wheel inputs very abrupt and little wobble. I didn't expect it to be this firm from being only 4 clicks away. It is nice though and makes the car more fun to drive, if only by virtue of learning how it handles again Understeer is a bit more pronounced when coming into turns fast. Roll is reduced a little but the best improvement I notice is in acceleration. its more linear and less feeling of weight transfer to the rear shocks (its still there of course), which results in a bit faster "feeling" of acceleration, even when going from 50 to 75 or 80...nice as everything feels more visceral

I might turn it down maybe 2 notches if it makes my head go boinky too much and it outweighs the fun factor But if feels great! I highly recommend it if you haven't turn the KWs full crank yet. Like I said...very go karty ish.

I gotta say, kudos to Sam and Zsolti at AutoTalent...its been a while (almost 2 years) and since they've installed everything, its been a great drive! Very pro install work and this is SO important. I highly recommend them to anyone. And yes, if you have to drive over from a bit farther away, its definitely worth it!