E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Another Custom E30 Map from Wedge and

03-14-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi Auto

Garage List
Another Custom E30 Map from Wedge and

Hey guys,

I wanted to open a thread to post my results with Wedge Performance so far. I just received my first map from Wedge. I immediately flashed my car and took it out for a spin. After playing around in the car and feeling out how well it was operating, I decided I would get a couple 3rd gear logs. I've posted them below. I'd love any comments and feedback on what you guys think. I plan on loading this thread full of logs as I add all my future mods as well.

My car:
2011 LCI E90 335i xDrive 6AT (StepTronic)
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
VRSF CP
Stock Turbo
Stock FMIC
Stock Intake & Filter
Stock DP
Stock Plugs
NO Oil Cooler

My Future Mods

NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs (Early April)
VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC (Early April)
K&N Filter (Early April)
N20 TMAP Sensor (based on your recommendation)
xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash (When it comes out)
Race-Cat Downpipe (May)
25 Row Oil Cooler (If needed)

http://www.datazap.me/u/gripandrip/w...20-21-22-23-24

http://www.datazap.me/u/gripandrip/w...og=0&data=3-11

I'm very excited with these first logs. The car pulls pretty hard and it feels like it just keeps on giving. I'm coming from Dinan stage 2, which peaked at 12-13 and tapered to 9 or so I believe. I can't wait to see how much more I can squeeze out of the car.

Timing looks really good to me. The first log reaches boost nicely, but the second log peaked at a mere 18. The second log was on a bend and I didn't go on the accel immediately. It also starts at a slightly later RPM.

WGDC goes just a little above 90 in the first log towards the end of the pull. Should I be alarmed by this? The second log peaks WGDC around 86. I also feel like my MAF values are kind of low in comparison to other's custom e30 logs. I plan on upgrading to a K&N drop in. I plan on also getting a VRSF intercooler, as my IAT do rise quite a bit in the first log.

I'm really new to this whole environment, and I'd love to learn more. Please give me feedback or things I should request to change for my next revision.
      03-15-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

Logs are very clean, especially for a version 1 iteration. Rail pressure is both constant and healthy, minimal corrections across the board, very solid start. Unless you specifically requested not to, there's still ample room to push about 2-3 more psi of boost for that "extra" little kick out the gate.

You're just getting started, Ken will have you pulling smiles per mile ten fold.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post
Logs are very clean, especially for a version 1 iteration. Rail pressure is both constant and healthy, minimal corrections across the board, very solid start. Unless you specifically requested not to, there's still ample room to push about 2-3 more psi of boost for that "extra" little kick out the gate.

You're just getting started, Ken will have you pulling smiles per mile ten fold.
So you think my wgdc looks fine too? What about the lower maf? There's a few other people rocking similar e30 tunes and their MAF is hitting into the 300s. Any recommendations for the next revision?
      03-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
ANMVQ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335XI Sedan

it looks good for the first one, let him work his magic Maybe you filters dirty? I was seeing in the 300's on my 93 tune, but I "had" a foam filter. Just switched to the BMS but weather here's been crappy, going log a pull with the BMS and see what the MAFgms look like too
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
it looks good for the first one, let him work his magic Maybe you filters dirty? I was seeing in the 300's on my 93 tune, but I "had" a foam filter. Just switched to the BMS but weather here's been crappy, going log a pull with the BMS and see what the MAFgms look like too
I think I'll benefit a lot from either a cai or simply a drop in.
      03-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
ANMVQ
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post

Me too, at least you know with just the foam you'll be in the 300's. Maybe, just saw where you Denver right? Thin air , you might nor see the same MAF's as I do in Mass.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Intakes have proven to do very little on the 335. Do the DP first, that will be by far your best bang for the buck after the tune and E30.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #8
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
So you think my wgdc looks fine too? What about the lower maf? There's a few other people rocking similar e30 tunes and their MAF is hitting into the 300s. Any recommendations for the next revision?
WGDC is fine, your elevation is what's causing the lower MAF g/s #'s. You're atmospheric pressure is only 12.1 psi (834 mb) vs my 14.7 psi (1013 mb), meaning the air is less dense where you are, therefor you will see lower MAF g/s. Log looks pretty damn solid for a first revision. Rail pressure looks good and healthy even when it went a little rich @ 3600-3700. I'm sure Ken will adjust the fuel scalar there for you and start bumping the boost up if you request it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
Mikaeldarer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i N55

Looks really solid. Can probably get away with a little more boost and timing advance.
      03-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #10
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Me too, at least you know with just the foam you'll be in the 300's. Maybe, just saw where you Denver right? Thin air , you might nor see the same MAF's as I do in Mass.
This could be why. Fml
      03-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #11
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn View Post
Quote:
WGDC is fine, your elevation is what's causing the lower MAF g/s #'s. You're atmospheric pressure is only 12.1 psi (834 mb) vs my 14.7 psi (1013 mb), meaning the air is less dense where you are, therefor you will see lower MAF g/s. Log looks pretty damn solid for a first revision. Rail pressure looks good and healthy even when it went a little rich @ 3600-3700. I'm sure Ken will adjust the fuel scalar there for you and start bumping the boost up if you request it.
Should I buy an n20 sensor? How are you working around it? I'm hitting 20psi now which is the edge of our sensor isn't it?
      03-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #12
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Should I buy an n20 sensor? How are you working around it? I'm hitting 20psi now which is the edge of our sensor isn't it?
It appears the TMAP is an absolute pressure sensor as the ceiling on mine seems to move depending on the atmospheric pressure. Mine seems to cap out around 22.1 psi on a normal day. The stock sensor is a 2.5 bar sensor (36.25 psi).

Consider this situation:

* Atmospheric pressure: 14.5 PSI
* Boost pressure: 20 PSI
20 + 14.5 = 34.5 psi (still within the stock TMAP range).

Now consider:
* Atmospheric pressure: 14.5 PSI
* Boost pressure: 22 PSI
22 + 14.5 = 36.5 psi (now the stock TMAP is maxed).

This works to your benefit being at a higher altitude your atmospheric pressure is about 12.1 psi meaning the stock TMAP ceiling for you should be around 24 psi. (36.25 psi - 12.1 = 24.15 psi). At your elevation on the stock turbo an N20 TMAP would be a waste of $.

It appears the DME calculates boost pressure by taking atmospheric pressure - TMAP pressure = boost pressure.

We are maxing my stock TMAP out in my current tune, but that doesn't matter as long as the AFR stays rich.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #13
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Quote:
Hey guys,

I wanted to open a thread to post my results with Wedge Performance so far. I just received my first map from Wedge. I immediately flashed my car and took it out for a spin. After playing around in the car and feeling out how well it was operating, I decided I would get a couple 3rd gear logs. I've posted them below. I'd love any comments and feedback on what you guys think. I plan on loading this thread full of logs as I add all my future mods as well.

My car:
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
VRSF CP
Stock Turbo
Stock FMIC
Stock Intake & Filter
Stock DP
Stock Plugs
NO Oil Cooler

My Future Mods

K&N Filter (Early April)
Race-Cat Downpipe (May)

I'm very excited with these first logs. The car pulls pretty hard and it feels like it just keeps on giving. I'm coming from Dinan stage 2, which peaked at 12-13 and tapered to 9 or so I believe. I can't wait to see how much more I can squeeze out of the car.

Timing looks really good to me. The first log reaches boost nicely, but the second log peaked at a mere 18. The second log was on a bend and I didn't go on the accel immediately. It also starts at a slightly later RPM.

WGDC goes just a little above 90 in the first log towards the end of the pull. Should I be alarmed by this? The second log peaks WGDC around 86. I also feel like my MAF values are kind of low in comparison to other's custom e30 logs. I plan on upgrading to a K&N drop in. I plan on also getting a VRSF intercooler, as my IAT do rise quite a bit in the first log.

I'm really new to this whole environment, and I'd love to learn more. Please give me feedback or things I should request to change for my next revision.
I hope I didn't miss it from an earlier post but I wanted to ask; what do you estimate your HP/TQ to be at??

Do you have a dyno done on it yet or are there plans to get one soon??

My apologies if it has been said and responded to already.
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #14
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBMW335I View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

My car:
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
VRSF CP
Stock Turbo
Stock FMIC
Stock Intake & Filter
Stock DP
Stock Plugs
NO Oil Cooler

My Future Mods

K&N Filter (Early April)
Race-Cat Downpipe (May)

I hope I didn't miss it from an earlier post but I wanted to ask; what do you estimate your HP/TQ to be at??

Do you have a dyno done on it yet or are there plans to get one soon??

My apologies if it has been said and responded to already.
I haven't. I could dyno a stock stage 0 and then this. Didn't get a Dinan dyno but I do have the Dinan logs which are gross tbh. I can post them if you want for comparison.

I plan on having a map very similar to Bahns. Our cars are very similar. He has a DP upgrade though and I don't. It will be interesting to see the number difference between us.
      03-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #15
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anyone else have recommendations or comments or critique. I would love to hear it all. Want to learn a lot here and I want to get my maps revised. Anything lacking in my map?
      03-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #16
ANMVQ
Lieutenant
Rep

^^^ trust Ken
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #17
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
^^^ trust Ken
I trust him! Haha I'm just wondering what I should ask to be revised cause I'm rather new. I guess you are right though, he knows my goals. More just want to learn about this process.
      03-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #18
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I trust him! Haha I'm just wondering what I should ask to be revised cause I'm rather new. I guess you are right though, he knows my goals. More just want to learn about this process.
Ken knows what needs to be revised, just let him do his thing
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #19
ANMVQ
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea I read the logs too, but I had some idea what was going on as I had my G37 tuned a few times, 3 tuners, and was pretty knowledgeable on how that tune/engine worked, This one I'm still learning so I was asking him questions
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #20
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got a new map from him and I'll flash it today/tomorrow. He increased wgdc slightly and made some changes to timing. Excited to see how it behaves.
ANMVQ113.50
      03-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #21
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Quote:
I got a new map from him and I'll flash it today/tomorrow. He increased wgdc slightly and made some changes to timing. Excited to see how it behaves.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #22
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It has been a while since my last update. The car is driving really well and it is a freaking rocket. Ken has really changed the car a lot. I’m posting my third gear pulls from my second and third revision! I’ve also combined a few parameters from both the second and third revision into one log. I did it purely out of curiosity to see how the car is changing. The x axis can’t be compared very accurately as the RPM values differ (start and end values) between the two pulls. I can probably fix this if I go into the CSV and do some trimming so that the RPM start and end match up between the logs. However, you can definitely compare the y axis values in terms of absolute. Have a look, and I’d love some feedback if there is any! Ken has been killing it!

Second Revision 3rd gear pull.
http://www.datazap.me/u/gripandrip/w...-tune-3rd-gear

Third revision 3rd gear pull.
http://www.datazap.me/u/gripandrip/w...21-22-23-24-25

Comparison Log.
http://www.datazap.me/u/gripandrip/c...0&data=3-4-8-9