E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > BAVARIA - BMW 335i N54 STOCK - Crappy idle..!!!! HELP!!!-------solved------

07-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

BAVARIA - BMW 335i N54 STOCK - Crappy idle..!!!! HELP!!!-------solved------

Does anyone know how to get this fixed without taking it to the "Stealer"ship and pay a kidney to get it fixed...?

Changed plugs and coils already... did find that Valve Cover gasket on Cyl 3 failed and is leaking... previous plug was wet at the threads....

Im posting this here in case anyone knows a good US spec BMW friendly Dealership or Mechanic Shop that can help... thanks!!!!

Car has 140K Kilometers...

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 10-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: solved
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

FIXED!!!!

Ok... this is what i did to fix it... i reinstalled the old factory coils and everything went to normal again. also cleaned the intake valve with walnut blasting courtesy of Alpina_B3_Lux and his mechanic friend... the car idles like new..!

i did replace the HPFP by his recommendation and the car accelerates more linearly than before which was more spiky. Then again it could have been the cleaning.
Appreciate 0