E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How to Remove Scratches

04-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
dylanwsu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Silver Titanium 2008 335i

How to Remove Scratches

Anybody have any good chemical to remove minor scratches? Please show me. my car got scratched up by some homeless fuker in Downtown Seattle.. Can't get insurance from him ( hehe) oh well...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Your going to need to polish your paint using abrasive polish(es). I'd recommend reading through our polishing how-to guide to get a better understanding of the process as well as some product suggestions. If you have any specific questions on anything, let us know.

George
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

I use Quixx, a two step scratch remover. Works great for small scratchs. I picked it at rite aid (i know).
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Innovative Detailing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 06 Denali, 53Ford F100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Your going to need to polish your paint using abrasive polish(es). I'd recommend reading through our polishing how-to guide to get a better understanding of the process as well as some product suggestions. If you have any specific questions on anything, let us know.

George
+1

You should read up first, watch some videos, or even hire someone the first time and watch the technique. Its an education worth paying for, the fact of the matter is you only get 1 original factory paint job and you do not want to mess it up.

"DETAILING CARS IS A FORM OF ART. MOST APPRECIATE IT, BUT FEW POSSESS THE REQUIRED SKILL AND EVEN FEWER UNDERSTAND IT"

Dave @ Innovative detailing
Appreciate 0